I am Looking for examples of Wax Sealers and Masons

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

stormysouth

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. The big + on the bottom has me perplexed. If it is not asking too much, when you have time could you please post a picture of the bottom? I truly appreciate it. The Star facility has an incredible history although very short lived. That old river bank is probably my favorite spot on earth. As insane as it sounds, It speaks to me. Not in words... it just is so rich in history, mystery, and beauty.

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Lisa, Is that the river bank that you were walkin that first brought you here? Alot has happened since then. Glad to see you are still at it and going strong.

stormysouth

Reaction score
Cap,

Yep. That's the one. My little piece of heaven. (Well I don't actually own it, but it's mine none the less.) The river is way down. It's awesome. I have an incredible sinker collection going. Lures, stainless hooks, what ever I find. I just love that old river. I only get to go a once a week. I'm looking forward to the football season ending. My 87 adopted sons take up an awful lot of time. This time of the year my stump gets really grumpy, too. We went last night for a couple of hours an only walked about 3 1/2 miles. Does your stump get ouchy seasonally? Oh well the life of a pegger... We haven't found any wonderful bottles. Lots of shards. Unbelievable stoneware pieces. Nothing whole. That's okay tomorrow's a new day.

I hope all is well with you and yours.

darrellp

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll try to get a pic, but it's pretty much just what I said - just a + all the way across the bottom.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello stormysouth; The top of a Mason Jar you pictured is a metal ring CT - continuous thread jar. I will keep watch of your thread, I have several wax seal canning jars and have always been interested in how they were made. Some had applied wax rings, some later ones had them formed - and I will try to put together some reference material for you.
RED Matthews

capsoda

Reaction score
Yep my stump gives me hell once in a while. This year has been tough with the weather changing every day. Some days I wake up in the morning and it is swollen and it is tough to put my leg on but I manage. How is everyone doing up your way. Things are going pretty good down here.

stormysouth

Reaction score
Hey Red! I appreciate the reply. I look forward to hearing more from you in regards to the wax sealers. I collected several dozen broken examples of a little bit of the neck with lips. They are buried in the garage. They are really cool. Alot og crooked gloppy applied glass. I came across serveral pieces that didn't have the ring applied to it. I apologize if my terminology (and spelling) are not quite perfect. If you like I can dig them out in the next few days and post some pictures. It is supposed to warm up in the next couple days. The particular site is truly incredible. I can't wait for spring so we can get back to the river.

stormysouth

Reaction score
Hey Cap... I feel your pain. The weather this year so far has been too drastic. Not friendly stubbie weather at all. We just had that nasty ice storm. Electric was out for a while. Everybody is okay up here. Stubbie is a little grumpy. (I named my stump. Sometimes it feels like she is her own little person. Or should I dictator.) Got to have a sense of humor when you are a leg carrying member of the pegger club! I'm glad things are well down your way. I thought of your better half the other day when I picked up a cute little cobalt Bromo-Cedin "For Headaches" Bottle at the local flea circus for a dollar. It was so cute and looked far to dignified to have to live on a shelf next to a common vicks bottle. I had to give it a good home. I'll post some pics of my little treasures later today.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1