I am new...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ohemgee

Reaction score
I am not exactly sure where to be posting. But since I added a bunch of new bottles to my collection, since I just started, this seems like the place to post this. Someone correct me if I am wrong. [:D]

A couple days ago my husband was hunting and came across an old homestead, that what it looked like anyways.

He found a few old bottles, they were 32 oz Clorox amber glass bottles, with screw tops. So he got excited and wanted to go back. We went back there yesterday, and found 50+ glass bottles. All sorts of bottles. Another cleaner bottles, only this one was a Purex, everything on the bottle was the same only it said Purex.

We found a bunch of tiny bottles, one of them says "The Bayer Company DIV"... I haven't had the time to look at them all really closely. But I am going to get into taking pictures of them, and looking them over today.

We also found one, that looks like some sort of whiskey or brandy bottle. It has "Federal Law Forbids....." embossed on the top, by the neck of the bottle.

Sorry, I am just so excited to get my hands into this hobby. We had so much fun. We spent a couple hours out there. A blast.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Welcome Ohemgee...
It sounds like you found a 1930s-40s dumping grounds. There may be a older dump in the area.Keep on diggin! [:D]

ohemgee

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I am still trying to get the hang of this forum.

I got posion oak after digging yesterday. :( So it may be a week or so before we go back. Haha.

Is it beneficial if we find bottles that are broken in half, but still have both halves to keep them? I really don't know anything about this hobby. We only kept the whole bottles, there are tons of broken ones still.

ohemgee

Reaction score
Here is the Clorox Bottle (sorry the pics are kind of weird)

Bottom:
bottomofcloroxbottle.jpg

Front:
clorox.jpg

Bottom of the bottle that says "something-gum turpintine":
bottomofgreenbottlecopy.jpg

Front of the "Turpintine" bottle:

frontofgreenbottle.jpg

And my fave bottle, I am pretty sure it's a lirquor bottle.

Bottom:
bottomofliquorbottle.jpg

Side:
sideofliquorbottle.jpg

Back:
backofliquorbottle.jpg

Front:

frontofbrownliquorbottle.jpg

Thank you for letting me share. Any input is welcome. We haven't gotten them REALLY clean yet. But we are working on it. These are just a few of my faves.

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
What to do with the broken stuff...
I throw it in the rock tumbler with some sand [:D]......

4CEE88F26A0444A2B6DF5B563A6B7362.jpg

Attachments

• 4CEE88F26A0444A2B6DF5B563A6B7362.jpg
    4CEE88F26A0444A2B6DF5B563A6B7362.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 98

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members