I can't believe I found one!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ScottBSA

Reaction score
That is one fantastic bottle. Great story to stretch it along.

Scott

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies Erik, Bottlecrazy, Rick, Deeno, and Scott.

As far as the range of amber hutches and mug-based bottles, it seems odd that some regions don't have any, while others are loaded. I suppose it depended on what local bottlers ordered to be shipped in. I wonder if glassmakers here (in the US) refused - or just didn't have the capability - to ship and supply Canadian bottlers?

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
As we were boating back in, Tom wondered about the original purchaser of the ginger beer. How much did the vendor have for sale? Was the person experimenting or did they already know they liked it?

If it was like Ginger ale, but with slight alcohol content, it might have been pretty good. It must have been a special treat back then before the commercial snack industry ever began.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Thanks Gunth. Tom, by the way, found a rare Milwaukee loop seal beer, an eight sided Weiss beer and a neat quart crown from John Graf.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: blobbottlebob

The bottle is embossed on the shoulder PURE GINGER BEER / L. WERRBACH / MILWAUKEE. (THIS BOTTLE NOT TO BE SOLD - reverse). The 'pure ginger beer' language is super cool. It is a small beer - which explains the hutch being amber. That is one rare bottle. Although, it is the least rare of all of Wisconsin's amber hutches.
Thanks, page one was diving me nuts. What is it?
Anyway is sounds like boats and beer went well together.
Not too much of a change I guess though. [:D][:D]

tftfan

Reaction score
What a thrill that must have been ! I can only imagine. Thanks !

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Thanks Cows and TFT. It was fun to find it. I will remember what it felt like and how it didn't match what I was expecting as I studied it by feel.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score

Thanks Gunth. Tom, by the way, found a rare Milwaukee loop seal beer, an eight sided Weiss beer and a neat quart crown from John Graf.

That must have been a wild watering hole[:)]
There has to be more down there,cuz no one could just drink 1 I know I couldn't[:D]

deenodean

Reaction score

Thanks for your replies Erik, Bottlecrazy, Rick, Deeno, and Scott.

As far as the range of amber hutches and mug-based bottles, it seems odd that some regions don't have any, while others are loaded. I suppose it depended on what local bottlers ordered to be shipped in. I wonder if glassmakers here (in the US) refused - or just didn't have the capability - to ship and supply Canadian bottlers?
There were several Nova Scotia bottlers who used Hutchinson's but only the aqua and clear blobs, nothing like the amber one you found. I believe they were made here in Canada. Site member McTaggart would know for sure.
Yes a find of a life time, you will never forget that one.
I am sure there more good bottles to be found in that lake.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.