I Found a Duplicent of the First Bottle I Ever Found!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jolteon

Reaction score
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzL_IOPKu_UA Few Days Ago, I found one of the most sentimental find I ever found. A duplicate of the first bottle I ever Found. The first one was found I fall 2013 and the second spring 2015. They are the same company bottle and made around 1915. The astonishing thing is that I found it in two different locations about a half a mile apart, but on the same property. I know I haven't been on in a couple months but the ground was frozen and now I'm back and cam with a great season start.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well congratulations at least you recognized it. Does the bottles have vertical seams on the top closure ;art of the bottle? We call that art of a bottle the "finish". Wheh you find a bottle with vertical seams on the finish - that tells you the bottle was made on an ABM AutomaticBottle Machine. i spend a lot of time trying to help new collectors, so if you check my home page and have any questions - you can send me an email. <bottlemysteries@yahoo.com> I have a write-up for newbie collectors that might give you some help. I also recommend that you go to a Barnes & Nobel book store and buy Michael Polaks book "Antique Traders Bottles".Most of us collect glass that was made before the birth of the ABMs. I only collect glass that was hand blown on a blowpipe. I have done that for 77 years now. And I have some where around 2000 glass items. I also have a lot of special glass items that I kept because they were unique. My better half has collected special vases and dishes that she likes. Good Luck RED Matthews

RCO

Reaction score
funny the first bottle I ever found as a kid in the 90's , I have yet to ever find another one , it was a local 30 oz ginger ale bottle and found some other variations and sizes from company but not one exactly the same . I've found a lot of bottles the last couple years but not found another one of that bottle yet .

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28