I found the throne, now what?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

glopf43

Reaction score
another of the barn...

Om34481.jpg

Attachments

• Om34481.jpg
    Om34481.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 64

glopf43

Reaction score
the dig Note the "probe" in the fore ground...

Ig12034.jpg

Attachments

• Ig12034.jpg
    Ig12034.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 81

glopf43

Reaction score
obvious privey local see the probe burried deep.. THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL THE GREAT HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ig12368.jpg

Attachments

• Ig12368.jpg
    Ig12368.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 64

Bottleman

Reaction score
I am sorry to hear that you didn’t get anything on your first dig. Oh well, its looks like you got two more and hopefully there’s some good stuff in them!! Don’t feel bad though, I didn’t get much today either with the “dangerous privy in the woods†that I posted I was going to dig today. First I had a 20 foot cherry tree that I had to dug under, cut all the roots, tip over and then cut it up with the chain saw to get it out of my hole. That took about two hours to deal with. After I managed to dig down 5 feet through the rocks and clay that they filled it in with I finely hit some unmarked 1890s medicines about 3 feet from the bottom. By that time it was dark out so will save the bottom 3 feet for tomorrow. I also was finding plastic stuff in the first 3 feet so you should defiantly dig the bottom 2 feet of yours! I have had countless time of privy digging where I find plastic bags in the top of the hole but when you get to the bottom there are lots of older bottles. Another one of my rules for digging is if you spend the time to dig down that far its pointless to fill it in when its not all been dug. At the bottom you will most likely find a hard brown dirt which is the actual poop but has no odor, its just compacted brown dirt. That’s where all the bottles are! That is one strange looking probe but if it works for you, that’s all that maters! In my post I will show some pics of my finds and the hole tomorrow after its all been dug. If I get the nerve, I will probably go into the open hole and dig the rest of it too.

~~Tom

glopf43

Reaction score
Hey Tom, thanks for the encouraging words. If old plastic toilet paper wrappers were worth somthing I would be rich! I must have found 30 or more. I will jump for joy just with finding just 1 ACL in that hole. A few 1890 medicines sounds like heaven compared. Oh well, Lots more holes to dig on this site. But, I think I will take your advice and finish what I started; only two more feet, thats where the probe hits the hard bottom. I think I might try some of the "older" seeming spots before I get to the ones right by today's dig. What do you think? Now, you BE CAREFULL if you go into that other hole. No bottle is worth your life! You need to put up some cross support in that monster. And, take some one with you. I know I am a novice in this and should not, perhaps, give you advice. But, we need all us diggers alive and well! Heres anoter pic of that hole I dug. At least I got alot of exercise...

Zx58126.jpg

Attachments

• Zx58126.jpg
    Zx58126.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 59

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member