I just got back from the Baltimore show...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

snake oil

Reaction score
...and I had a great time . I was looking for a colored pontiled medicine for $100 or less (yes I know , keep dreaming) . I found a dark green one , but most of the neck was gone and the embossing was very weak . The seller was asking $60 , I would have paid $20 but because 80% of the neck was missing I didn't want it anyway . I did get a pontiled Dr. D . Jayne's Alternative , 7" high , in green aqua , very good condition , for $50 . [:D] . I also got three prohibition era , highly embossed , amber , pint size whiskey bottles from Canada , for $8 each . One has no name on it , but it has the bust of an 18th century Naval officer (probably an admiral), with sailing ships in the background , embossed on it . The bottom has the Owens logo , circle over a diamond with a "0" on the left side of the diamond and a "2" on the right side , and under the circle is the number "5" , so I guess the bottle was made in the US and shipped to Canada . The other two bottles are made in Canada , one is Bourbon de Luxe Whiskey , the other is Jessie Moore American Pure Rye Whiskey . Although these bottles may not be rare they look really cool .

whosyerdaddy

Reaction score
hey snake oil welcome to the forum. soundslike u had a good bottle day. yeah them colored pontiled meds are getting harder to find under $100 might still be able to git a green M.B. ROBERT'S under that maybe not? whosyerdaddy!!!!!!!

tbecton

Reaction score
I just got back from the baltimore show my self. I loved seeing all those bottles I've
only seen in books & on the net. I bought some bottles that I don't ever see in my area. And on the way home got a $75. speeding ticket![:mad:] Must have been in a hurry to get home and look at my new bottles![:D]

snake oil

Reaction score
Hey whosyerdaddy , I welcome you too . It seems all the bottles I really like , start at $200 and go up from there . Unfortunetly , I have rich man's tastes and a poor man's pocket [:D] . Tbecton , welcome to the fourm , sorry to hear you got a speeding ticket , I've gotten 1 or 2 myself [:D] . Watch out for cars parked on the shoulder with thier trunks up , and if cars ahead of you are hitting thier brakes , don't speed up and go around them (don't ask me how I know this) [:D] .

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Congrats on your great finds at the Show. Did any of you bring back any pics of the Show for Show and Tell ???
Surely somebody was armed with there digital camera at the Show !!!!
Please share if you did take pics. Brian

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireS