I know it's not a bottle but WOW!!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
This reminds me of a Boston Glass non threaded insulator a few years ago, that sold for a wopping $35,000 bucks. I still think that is beyond reality investing. It isn't going to happen after you get old and need more than your retirement income. If I had something like that, I would try to get into a museum. But they tick me off, because they send a lot of things to auction houses to keep themselves operational. Oh well, at least we can't take things with us when we go. RED Matthews

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Looks like that SOB broke $8700. I'm not an insulator guy, but I HAD to put that on my watch list. Wow!

Jim G

Indianabottledigger

Reaction score
Here is another im watching that I thought was cool. Thought I might bid on it. LOL Check it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330410792764&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

saratogadriver

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Indianabottledigger

Here is another im watching that I thought was cool. Thought I might bid on it. LOL Check it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330410792764&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I don't trust that one. Or maybe, I should say, it doesn't make sense to me. That stuff HAS to be more valuable being pieced out. How do you know that you are getting EXACTLY what is shown when you buy that much stuff in a bulk lot? Is it typical to sell this sort of estate stuff, coins, bills, jewelry, watches etc in a lot like this on ebay? I usually just watch the bottles, so don't know about those areas.

Sorry about the thread hyjack.

Jim G

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
$10,000 final bid. WOW!!! I'm pretty sure this guy had no idea what he had. Look at his completed listings. $5 bottle here, $10 bottle there, $8 bottle here, $10,000 insulator there. I hope he didn't know what he had, was really hurting for money, and is now able to work things out for himself. That would make a cool story.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles