I need help identifying a large jar

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

chuck1

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Carol from PA. I have a large jar, perhaps five gallon size. It is clear glass with a large mouth opening approx. 4 1/4" in diameter. Also, it has two small feet side by side on the mouth end of the jar that have been molded into the glass, making it like it could sit it it's side. I have been looking everywhere for another jar like it and I was hoping that someone could help identify it. It is not a water jar but perhaps some kind of chemical jar. I see no markings at all on it. Anyone have any idea's. Thanks:)

LC

Reaction score
Hello Carol and welcome to the site . Hard to tell what it is that you have . You will get a better response if you will post a picture of it for the members to see . Again , welcome to A.B.N. .

LC

Reaction score
That thought kind of struck me too Jim , but I never saw legs formed on a minnow trap . They usually always had a wire running around them with four legs bent into it . Unless that is what she means by formed feet .

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
More info is definitely needed. If it's not open on both ends I go more with a counter top candy or something jar.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
It sounds to me like a candy jar for an old time grocery store. I remember one from the store we went to when I was a kid. It had red hots in it. It would have to have a funnel bottom in it to be a minnow trap. I have two of them with the wire frame. RED Matthews

LC

Reaction score
They also made minnow traps with flat bottoms too Red , they sat upright . The small funnels were put into the side of them . I had both varieties at one time . Got rid of almost all my fishing memorabilia five or so years ago .

botlguy

Reaction score
Yea, I did forget about the built in funnel things and 5 gallon (or so) size doesn't sound right. I'm going with the candy / cookie / cracker idea at this point. PICTURES PLEASE ! ! You got us hooked now.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Yes L.C. I had a couple of them, I think they were from Oklahoma.

The applications of glass to the world of things and jobs to be done have been a great hobby.

RED M.

LC

Reaction score
Checotah , Oklahoma I believe Red ..

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2