I NEED HELP!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

diajoy33

Reaction score
Bob, Thanks for the help. How do you spot a repro. Is there a book i can get that is a good resource. Just getting into this selling stuff on the internet and would like to help spot fakes and have the knowledge for myself. Dianne

poorjodie

Reaction score
A year or so back I got taken by a ebay seller. His photos and write ups were intentionally done to make his items look like something they weren't. When I confronted him about the fake he had sold me he claimed he didn't know the item was not the "real deal" and would not make good on his money back offer. I left him negitive feedback which resulted in him leaving me negitive feedback. Then I put in a comlaint to ebay which got no results until he had ripped off several other people and they too complained to ebay. He was finally barred from selling on ebay but only after several months and 6 or 7 of us making formal complaints. All I got out of dealing with him was a worthless piece of trash and negitive feedback that ebay has refused to remove. My best advise about ebay is, BUYER BEWARE.

bobclay

Reaction score
diajoy33.

I have providd articles on my ebay About ME page pertaining to many of the repro fruit jars out there. The Redbook also has a section in the back devoted to reproduciton fruit jars.

http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=bobclay

There are also several sites on the web dealing with repros, which have found their way into all genres of collecting. I also have articles on repronews.com which is another excellent site for finding out all you can about ANY type of reproduction.

Poorjodie, you are right, CAVEAT EMPTOR as an absolute must when buying anything on the internet! And it is through discussion groups like this one that we ALL gain more information which protects us from the people that would intentionally rip us off. And it is important to remember that not ALL people that list repros are intentionally trying to scam. They likely got stung like the rest of us and didn't know it. But it is easy to see their intentions once they have been advised of the facts. Probably 50% of the people stop their auctions, maybe 30% amend their auctions with the facts. The ones that do nothing speak volumes about their intentions.

Bob Clay

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers