I now know what Stiegel scent bottle content's smelled like!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
A picture of the top crown shaped pin.Although the remains in this bottle are no where near the amount as in the
first bottle the smell is still quite strong but you have to put your nose near the bottle to fully smell this one.

7953EA97A15C47FBAB0A610373FF7F9A.jpg

Attachments

• 7953EA97A15C47FBAB0A610373FF7F9A.jpg
    7953EA97A15C47FBAB0A610373FF7F9A.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 58

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Sam thats a good idea,it would be neat to be able to reproduce the perfume of colonial America.
I just wouldnt use Martha Stewart,I think I would use Suzanne Summers to promote it.She still looks good for her age.[:D][:D]

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Just from handling the tops of those bottles has left a strong smell on my hands.
I have to got to Home Depot shortley, I hope I dont attractic any colonial smell loving
Casanova's (hopefully there weren't Pheromones also placed in the mixture....................................
That would be horrible!![:D][:D][:D]

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Four hours have gone by and the smell is so strong coming from the resealed bottle and also which is located in a glass display cabinet that I have had to place the bottle inside of a large zip seal lunchbag because it was driving my wife and kids nuts .It really was that strong, not a bad smell just a very powerfull and strong one.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Steve,...Really great bottles!
m6.gif
,....We know what you mean about the lingering scent,.....Laur found a late 1800's perfume last summer at our 'barbershop' dig,...it had no visible remains of the contents, and we were surprised that IT's scent still lingered....and that was only half as old as your bottles.... Joe

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
I beleive you Joe the scent is making it through the zip lock bag its realy amazing.
Maybe I really will send it away for analytical review.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I'd like to drop by and see your new bottles.. I'm already dressed for it..[;)]

10.gif

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Thats a good read Joe. It was used as a fragrence supplement.Thanks for pointing this out.I wonder if you can date the bottle exactly to the time of its making via the testing of the material in the bottles.Stiegel only made the painted enamel bottles for two years at the close of his business in 1773 and 1774.
This was a fact provided by some of the oldest families in Manheim to Mr. Hunter during his investigation of the Manheim Factories in the early 20th century.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers