ID help please

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Nugs

Reaction score
Greetings! I am new to this forum and I know nothing about bottles. I'm a marble collector so I have a little experience with glass, but not in the bottle sense. I recently found a bunch of broken glass and pottery in the dirt behind my house. I started digging around and was able to come up with some really neat pieces, but I didn't find anything whole until this morning. I found this bottle and I was wondering if anyone knew what it was. It's about 3" tall and it's very heavy. No markings from what I can tell, and it does have two seams that go all the way to the top. Excuse the dirt. I've found some neat pieces so I know there's got to be some cool stuff out there. I think this might just become my newest obsession!

60E05FFA904E451FA947E7B90A145805.jpg

Attachments

• 60E05FFA904E451FA947E7B90A145805.jpg
    60E05FFA904E451FA947E7B90A145805.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 45

glass man

Reaction score
LOOKS 1920s or 30s and milk glass like yours usually had something like facial cream or something like that.I wish I had a camera to show you some swirls [hand made] I bought last summer. The larger ones [about 2 1/2 inches have flea bites on them.All the smaller ones have nothing wrong with them. Is that maybe cause they played with only the larger ones? Some of the smaller ones are so mishapened ,I don't see how they could have played with them.One is in more of the shape of a football than a marble.Anyway KEEP LOOKING YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU MAY FIND! WELCOME!

Nugs

Reaction score
Thanks for the info... I was thinking cosmetics too like eye cream or something. I've got to buy a shovel which will hopefully help me uncover some cool finds.
I don't know much about handmade marbles, but the football shaped ones are errors. I'd love to see pics of the mibs you bought!

madman

Reaction score
hey kimber go get that shovel post yer finds mike

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem