Identification help please

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

juiceanca

Reaction score
Hi,i recentley found these 4 old bottles while out metal detecting,i just wondered if anybody could help me identify them for age and value if any.
the first one is blue in colour with no writing on it or markings.8 1/2 " tall 2 1/2" at bottom.
it has a kind of pourer at the top and a flat ribbed pattern around the base and will not stand up straight as you can see from my pictures i hope.
the next one is from left on picture 8 1/2 " tall and is like an aqua green when you hold it to the light and says on it DINNEFORDS MAGNESIA.
the middle one in the picture is about same 8 1/2" tall 2" at base also aqua green and says on it SYMINGTON&COS DANDELION COFFEE ESSENCE EDINBURGH.
the last one on the right is 6" tall aqua green again and says on it S.LAKE ROEBUCK HOTEL STOKE ON TRENT.
i live in staffordshire england thankyou in advance julian.

Nl28592.jpg

Picture edited - Admin

Attachments

• Nl28592.jpg
    Nl28592.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 130

Saigonjoe

Reaction score
All I can determine is that these bottles appear to be made around 1880-90 period. Good luck in your search.

David E Dearden

Reaction score
Hi not hard to tell you are in England, I have one of your Companies.
Dinnefords Magnesia
On the label "The best remedy for acidity of the stomach, heartburn, headache, gout and indigestion, and safest aperient for delicate constitutions, ladies and children.
Advertised 1883 in The Illustrated London News.
(8Dec); 1913 "Approved by the Medical Profession for over 70 yrs The Illustrated London News.
(7 June ) Avertised 1929-1930 by Fougera & Co New York City.
Aqua 6 7/8" x 2 3/8" x 1 5/16" Flask shape tapered body

juiceanca

Reaction score
Thankyou for your time and help,this is a great forum ,this helps me to date the site where i have found many coins from different years.
regards julian

kendolbottles1black

Reaction score
hey julian, we dig lots of dinnefords magnesia bottles here in australia. it must have been a world wide company. ours normaly date around 1890 to 1920s. anyway by for now ken[:D]

IRISH

Reaction score
Hi Julian welcome to the bottle forum,
As Ken wrote we get loads of Dinnefords Magnesia bottles here in Oz, a lot of UK bottles got sent out here.
Do you often find bottles Metal Detecting ? most places I look the tips are too deep but they can be very usefull sometimes (apart from coin and gold hunting [;)] ).

juiceanca

Reaction score
no this was first time while out detecting,interesting so many bottles ended up in oz,im going to go back to the site and see if i can find anymore bottles,i will post if i find anymore,thanks for the advice julian in the uk.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyH