Makers Mark Identification, Please Help

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ACGA

Reaction score
Hello!

I recently found this bottle in southeast GA and am having a difficult time identifying the makers mark. The bottle may be post-1900 but the mold seam stops at the shoulder. It’s about 3” tall, 1 1/2” diameter. I can post additional pictures if needed.

I’ve searched all the usual makers mark webpages that I look at with no success.

Thanks!

Attachments

• BD658CDC-A877-424E-A337-CA3F179CC85B.jpeg
    BD658CDC-A877-424E-A337-CA3F179CC85B.jpeg
    299.7 KB · Views: 127
  • B4A12908-CA57-4B3F-9FBA-7C7ABFC22460.jpeg
    B4A12908-CA57-4B3F-9FBA-7C7ABFC22460.jpeg
    284.1 KB · Views: 122

Len

CT LEN
Reaction score
Its a great Victorian maker's mark. Sorry, I haven't seen it before. Possibly a boot black bottle? Maybe some of our GA members have seen it. Good luck and welcome to our online club.

ACGA

Reaction score
Its a great Victorian maker's mark. Sorry, I haven't seen it before. Possibly a boot black bottle? Maybe some of our GA members have seen it. Good luck and welcome to our online club.

I appreciate the response, that’s more info than I had previously! I’ll continue to search and hopefully someone has seen the mark somewhere.

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Hello!

I recently found this bottle in southeast GA and am having a difficult time identifying the makers mark. The bottle may be post-1900 but the mold seam stops at the shoulder. It’s about 3” tall, 1 1/2” diameter. I can post additional pictures if needed.

I’ve searched all the usual makers mark webpages that I look at with no success.

Thanks!
Not necessarily in this order it looks like a combination of these characters:
Q R C Y W &

Roy

Reaction score
Hello!

Thanks!
Welcome ACGA
I originally thought that bottle was black glass like a Bixby shoe polish, but after I looked again, it looks very stained but sun colored amethyst ?
Roy

Csa

Reaction score
Not necessarily in this order it looks like a combination of these characters:
Q R C Y W &
I think the & and C are & Co. theres a little mark by the C like an o. So if the rest of your detective work is accurate uncle Bruce, that’s some combo of Q,R, Y,W.

ACGA

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for all the replies. The bottle is not black glass, it is quite stained. The observation by CanadianBottles may be the ticket, i've been reading it as an R like others have commented. Found this on glassbottlemarks.com:

N.Y.Q.& C.W.Ld…………New York Quinine & Chemical Works, Limited, Brooklyn, NY. A subsidiary of McKesson & Robbins, a drug manufacturing firm first organized in 1833. I do not know the exact year that NYQ&CW was formed, but bottles bearing these initials on the base are mouth-blown and appear to date from the 1890-1920 period. The glass factory(s) which produced the bottles are unknown.

Not exactly the same, but by far the closest combination i've found. Can't find any bottles online to see what the marks are. Thanks again for all the replies.

ACGA

Reaction score
Follow up!

In searching for more information i came across a thread from this forum. The information was here all along, turns out i just needed help with the proper combination of letters. I appreciate all the help and look forward to getting more assistance in the future! I've attached the older thread below and it appears they ended up with a similar consensus.

Reactions: Roy

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky