I'm a believer

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

crkgrl

Reaction score
Been following you guys for a while as you dig these huge holes and find jillions of bottles. I've been mostly a "look for bottles lying on top of the ground" hunter. But I have followed your methodology closely and bought a probe, some bottle brushes etc. It just seemed like too much work for this petite woman in her 50's. But I trudged onward encouraged by your tales.

I have known for some time where I wanted to dig. There is an old barn at the back of some property i know of. All the signs were there; the broken glass at the surface, various and sundry other items that were obviously just tossed over the hill. Still too much work.

But as I read everyone's stories, weekend after weekend, I decided to chip away at a small hole, no matter how long it took. Well, I have been at it for four weeks and so far have only found a bad case of poision ivy and broken pieces of wonderful bottles.

Until today of course. Drat...now I am hooked all over again. Thanks a lot!!!!

It is a small find but have never found a whole dark blue anything. Actually found a cottage cheese container from a different dairy a few years ago near here.

crkgrl

Reaction score
Oh darn the picture files are too large. Will try that again tomorrow.

crkgrl

Reaction score
First complete blue bottle and cottage chees container from local dairy.

Nl28346.jpg

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Is the cobalt a dairy also. It looks like a cream seperator at the top. Like the babyfaces but I don't know dairy.

crkgrl

Reaction score
Bram and Cowmaize,
Thanks for your comments. Now I do have it "bad" again.

It was pretty neat the way the cottage cheese container almost "floated" to the surface, as I dug my small trench. It was pretty much the way you all described your digs. It actually had water in it, even though the trench and hillside is way above the water table. I assume the water was from rainfall, even though it was a couple of feet below the surface.

I actually found a similar cottage cheese container from a different local dairy this summer. It was half buried on the river beach. I will repost that picture.

The cobalt is pretty small. About an inch across and 3 1/2 inches high. I was figuring it was a medicine of some type. Is it possible it is a cream seperator? That would be cool.

These folks must have really liked dairy products.

Rp42157.jpg

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi crkgrl, nice finds. take it from this peite woman, going to hit 60 this year. it keeps you young. at least the mind. a couple of weeks ago i kinda fell over a log. and had wines wrap around my ankle l wonder what is wrong with me. it hit me i'm a little older now. got up and kept on going. have fun, keep digging. rhona

crkgrl

Reaction score
Yes, it is dificult to believe I am actually in my 50's. Most of the time feel in the 20's or 30's. I hear you on taking it easy, not falling into the hole, etc.

Keep digging!!

capsoda

Reaction score
Isn't it amazing how you don't get any older but one day your body starts to fight you with every move. my wife says I'm still 17.LoL

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey