I'm going in and I'm going in deep

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

beendiggin

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: MisterSilverSearcher

Even if 12k was on the table, I wouldn't sell a bottle that took me that long to find. (Plus there's a $1200 eBay fee)

I don't want really want to sell it but you can't take it with you and I've got a mortgage, kids and plenty of needs that could be met with that kind of money. I will be shocked if it sells, honestly.

Like Jay said.........It's worth a try.

ScottBSA

Reaction score
I'm not really up on all things Coca-Cola. Can some one tell me if there was actual Coca-Cola in a bottle without the Coca-Cola in script? I am under the impression that unless it has a script Coca-Cola then it held like root beer or some other flavor. Regardless, the amber bottle is an early neat bottle.

Scott

celerycola

Reaction score
The idea that script bottles held Coca-Cola and block letter bottles held soda water is not an absolute. Before 1917 it was easy for a local franchise to use a non-standard bottle with non-standard lettering. Remember the straight side bottles all had a paper label for Coca-Cola or whatever flavor of soda water. Although straight side bottles were used for Coca-Cola as late as 1942 (Greenville, SC), most of the bottles with Coca-Cola in script from the 1920's and '30's held soda water. There are some great bottles like the 30 ounce script Coca-Cola from Rochester, NY that were soda water bottles. Even some of the earliest bottles with script Coca-Cola were soda water bottles. The Hutchinson's embossed Coca-Cola in script from Birmingham, Bessemer, and Jasper were soda water bottles.
ORIGINAL: ScottBSA

I'm not really up on all things Coca-Cola. Can some one tell me if there was actual Coca-Cola in a bottle without the Coca-Cola in script? I am under the impression that unless it has a script Coca-Cola then it held like root beer or some other flavor. Regardless, the amber bottle is an early neat bottle.

Scott

bottlescript

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: celerycola

The idea that script bottles held Coca-Cola and block letter bottles held soda water is not an absolute. Before 1917 it was easy for a local franchise to use a non-standard bottle with non-standard lettering. Remember the straight side bottles all had a paper label for Coca-Cola or whatever flavor of soda water. Although straight side bottles were used for Coca-Cola as late as 1942 (Greenville, SC), most of the bottles with Coca-Cola in script from the 1920's and '30's held soda water. There are some great bottles like the 30 ounce script Coca-Cola from Rochester, NY that were soda water bottles. Even some of the earliest bottles with script Coca-Cola were soda water bottles. The Hutchinson's embossed Coca-Cola in script from Birmingham, Bessemer, and Jasper were soda water bottles.
ORIGINAL: ScottBSA

Scott

So which bottles actually held Coca Cola?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles