I'm going to bottle dig a 1860s/1870's farm house!:)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jake12

Reaction score
Hi guys . I'm going to be digging the old 1870's farm house it was on a 1870's play map so who knows it could be older! Anyone know what I should expect to find like what kinds of bottles or any helpful tips ? I'm very new so I ask ALOT of questions:) thanks and wish me luck it's my first REAL privy dig! Ill be with a friend so it's going to be fun. Thanks for reading and wish me luck! -Jake

Jake12

Reaction score
I'll keep a look out for the small treasures:) thanks-Jake

msleonas

Reaction score
Good Luck Jake,
be safe and yes keep an eye out for all sizes of things. Have fun and take some pictures to share.

Jake12

Reaction score
Here's a video of the privy I'm digging. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvkvNj9ysV4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

msleonas

Reaction score
Good job. keep going and share some more.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Keep um comin----Next time talk a little so we can feel at home while we watch.No need to be shy in front of us [:)]

RCO

Reaction score
remember to manage expectations , just cause its an old farm does not mean there is 100's of bottles lying around . there could be but realisitically there isn't . alot of these places have been cleaned out years ago or the bottles still there are very hard to find or broken . i hope you do find something but keep an open mind .

tigue710

Reaction score
that looks like the buried bottom half of a cabin or shack or something... the white porcelain thing you showed is an electrical insulator for house wiring used from the end of the 19th century through the 1930's

Jake12

Reaction score
Yes I really didnt get we're the wood was coming from. It seemed to be lined up and it was very well preserved .

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaward