In Local Wildlife News...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Love the coyote on the train pic. I remember 16+ years ago when I was living back in NYC they found one in Central Park!!!! I have shot both of the ones I have seen while hunting and had them mounted. They are seen as rodents around these parts of PA now, will kill domestic dogs, cats, fawns, rabbits, grouse.... and have even packed up and attacked humans not far from here. Like bob cats, they have become over populated.

PD

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I saw one the other day to

ADE4C718D98F477C95BAE65F545E1795.jpg

Attachments

• ADE4C718D98F477C95BAE65F545E1795.jpg
    ADE4C718D98F477C95BAE65F545E1795.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 87

RedGinger

Reaction score
I've seen two bobcats at the same time, in three years, but I'm not a hunter. I enjoy them and all the wildlife a lot. Bobcats are very elusive. It is extremely rare to see two together, even during mating season. They are solitary, as well. At first, I thought they were terriers. Before they scrambled away, I identified them and Joe said they were bobcats. We are lucky to have a cool stretch of road with wild turkeys, bears, bobcats, coyotes, etc. that use it as their "stomping grounds".

I couldn't bring myself to kill an animal, for sport. I have heard of plenty of coyote sightings in NYC. As we encroach on their territory, they look for food and we give them the perfect opportunities to get it. Back in the 18th century, NYC was all farmland and swamps.

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RedGinger

I've seen two bobcats at the same time, in three years, but I'm not a hunter.  I enjoy them and all the wildlife a lot.  Bobcats are very elusive.  It is extremely rare to see two together, even during mating season.  They are solitary, as well.  At first, I thought they were terriers.  Before they scrambled away, I identified them and Joe said they were bobcats.  We are lucky to have a cool stretch of road with wild turkeys, bears, bobcats, coyotes, etc. that use it as their "stomping grounds".

I couldn't bring myself to kill an animal, for sport.  I have heard of plenty of coyote sightings in NYC.  As we encroach on their territory, they look for food and we give them the perfect opportunities to get it.  Back in the 18th century, NYC was all farmland and swamps. 

Ever since I was a little boy I've loved all kinds of cats. I always thought that if one could choose a way to die I would like to walk into a den of lions. Now that would be exciting!

RedGinger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: rockbot

I've seen two bobcats at the same time, in three years, but I'm not a hunter. I enjoy them and all the wildlife a lot. Bobcats are very elusive. It is extremely rare to see two together, even during mating season. They are solitary, as well. At first, I thought they were terriers. Before they scrambled away, I identified them and Joe said they were bobcats. We are lucky to have a cool stretch of road with wild turkeys, bears, bobcats, coyotes, etc. that use it as their "stomping grounds".

I couldn't bring myself to kill an animal, for sport. I have heard of plenty of coyote sightings in NYC. As we encroach on their territory, they look for food and we give them the perfect opportunities to get it. Back in the 18th century, NYC was all farmland and swamps.

Ever since I was a little boy I've loved all kinds of cats. I always thought that if one could choose a way to die I would like to walk into a den of lions. Now that would be exciting!

I love cats too, but Rocky, I think you need to get more sleep or something! LOL[:D][:eek:] Too bad the Colosseum isn't hiring.

woody

Reaction score

I've seen two bobcats at the same time, in three years, but I'm not a hunter.

I believe Bobcats are a protected species and it is illegal to hunt them. Here in NH, anyways.

RedGinger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: woody

I believe Bobcats are a protected species and it is illegal to hunt them. Here in NH, anyways.

Good! Hey, good to see you on here, Wood!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: woody

Good! Hey, good to see you on here, Wood!

oH YEAH HEY! ITS WOOD!! what the heck are you doing here [8D][8D]

rockbot

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: rockbot

I love cats too, but Rocky, I think you need to get more sleep or something! LOL[:D][:eek:]  Too bad the Colosseum isn't hiring.

[:D] well I'm Christian so they might enjoy it[:D]

RedGinger

Reaction score
Your post reminded me of something, Rock. This is very emotional, but I think you'll like it.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause