In search of a new dump

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MIdigger

Reaction score
I believe the last one heres about given up all her treasures. Worked it over quite well. Then, while digging in the 90 deg heat I see 2 shifty looking characters off to my left observing what iam doing. They slowly close in, walk around the dump, never speaking a word and slowly walk out on a different path. have my suspicions these were the ones who snitched my goods a while back from this spot. I did leave them plenty of commons.

Besides with a nice case of poison ivy now (see doc tomorrow) I think Ill leave that area to them and they can get a case of the scratchiness too. I am happy with my finds there. just have to locate a new spot. Have a few in mind but going to wait til the P-I has cleared up and get back into it.

Therefore its up to all of you to post the pics and stories I enjoy reading so much. Going to work on the camera thing and see if I can get a few pics up of my finds too.

swizzle

Reaction score
They make a spray that kills poison ivy. People have been known to get poison ivy all year round just from the juicy roots they chop through. If you want to go back there then get the spray and nuke it. However searching out another dump has never been a bad idea unless you're already pulling pontils. Swiz

druggistnut

Reaction score
Hey Rich,
PM me and let me know what town you were in. I have my suspicions about those two and who they might be.
Bill

katb

Reaction score
I don't think anyone has dug in the dump in the town i live in except me. I have never dug more than a few feet deep.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Katb--Ive been to your town back in 95. Also Wilbur,Clatonia,Beatrice pheasant hunting. Iam sure you will have some good finds out your way. I did see a graveyard in the middle of know where and one of the headstones said "Little Louie 1888 or 1882". Great people out there.

katb

Reaction score
Really? Did you dig here? How old is the dump here? What did you find? Did you dig in the ravine? Where is the headstone? I got lots of questions.

MIdigger

Reaction score
No I didnt dig there. I was out on a trip with a friend from Wilbur. His family lives there. The headstone/gravyard was very small in an open field with wrought iron bars around it. What caught my eye was the little louie script and that he was just a baby. I think it mightve been over by a trash dump, I remember asking but I just cant tell you, those roads look the same out there.

katb

Reaction score
oh i think i heard of that grave but i don't know where it is and i have lived here for 12 years.

MIdigger

Reaction score
Well you might try some of the farms around there. Got to be dumps on those farms. All I remember seeing was milo and cornfields!! That grave thing was in the middle of an overgrown field. It wasnt a farmfield when we hunted there. I am guessing it was a family plot although not very big. I seem to remember some power lines running nearby though, but no farm buildings. We were only in Fairbury for a short time taking a break from hunting. I did like the small towns out there. Hospitality was second to none.

katb

Reaction score
Thats nice to hear. I will see what i can find here.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squirrelman