More Crush flat tops

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Step Back In Time

Reaction score
We went back and found a lot more. I didn't even have to dig they were all on the surface I'm sure there's still more there though. My brother was at a dump at a nearby collapsed building and he said he found hundreds of cans by digging. All slightly newer ones. Here's my video if you want to see the ones we kept.

Step Back In Time

Reaction score
Yep, all 10 oz. I would really like to find the lime Grapefruit and Cola Crush then I would have all the first generation cans. I don't think they had a cream soda back then did they?

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Wow that's a fantastic spot you've got! Are there a lot of solid rusty cans you've left because there isn't much paint left visible? Those would be worth taking home if they're flat tops as well, they'll clean up surprisingly well in an acid bath too, most of the time anyway. I wonder if there could be any cone tops lurking in that area as well.

Step Back In Time

Reaction score
I would love to find a cone top. We well definitely go back and I will do some digging. There was some really rusty cans that I can't see the paint, but they aren't pop cans. It looks like maybe soup cans and oil cans. Have you ever tried a bigger can like a oil can in lemon juice? I'm sure there's more still on the surface. I was trying to make a longer video when we went so I didn't get to look around as much. My phone wasn't working very well so I sadly lost my footage. I decided just to make a short instead.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I would love to find a cone top. We well definitely go back and I will do some digging. There was some really rusty cans that I can't see the paint, but they aren't pop cans. It looks like maybe soup cans and oil cans. Have you ever tried a bigger can like a oil can in lemon juice? I'm sure there's more still on the surface. I was trying to make a longer video when we went so I didn't get to look around as much. My phone wasn't working very well so I sadly lost my footage. I decided just to make a short instead.
I've never tried an oil can but presumably it would work just as well. You'd just need more lemon juice. Really at that point it would probably make more sense to buy citric acid concentrate than actual lemon juice, it'd be a lot cheaper.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
What do you think would be better on the pop cans? Citric acid or lemon juice?
It's basically the same thing, there's citric acid in lemon juice. Cheaper to buy it as bulk citric acid powder and then mix it with water than it is to buy a bottle of lemon juice just for a few cans.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flipper93