iNCREDIBLE fIND

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Glenmeert

Reaction score
I bought a building that was owned and operated as a general store by a very wealthy merchant in 1840. I am finding incredible hand blown bottles. I will be excavating this site for the next year. Does anyone have a clue and value of this pic....?

botlguy

Reaction score
That's either an apothecary or laboratory type bottle and appears to be quite old, I would guess at least 100 years. Monetary / collectors value not so much due to it's non-specifity, not tied to an individual or company. It's a great display / conversation piece. Jim

Glenmeert

Reaction score
I have tons of small bottles like that. I would say most of these bottles I'm finding are over 100 years old. I'll have to take pictures and get them up for you.

Glenmeert

Reaction score
I have tons of small bottles like that. I would say most of these bottles I'm finding are over 100 years old. I'll have to take pictures and get them up for you. and thanks for the response.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Any of the other bottles have any names or embossing on them or any kind of paper label? No name slicks don't have much value unfortunately. Good Luck. LEON.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
What does the bottom look like? If there's a pontil that would likely increase the value. It seems like the spout at the base should give it at least some value but I don't know much about laboratory bottles.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Most lab bottles, if they have a pontil, are polished but that doesn't help with age really. It could easily be a mid 20th century piece.

2find4me

Reaction score
Maybe look for a bottle with embossing or a different color.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter