ink or cosmetic jar/bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, to cold to dig now so i'm going over my finds to see what i can find out about the ones i have. this bottle is only 1 1/2' tall, 1 1/4 wide at base, 1 3/8" wide at top. the bottle is embossed on bottom, lowell (top), tipp city, o.(bottom), with a 5 in the center. i think this is a cute one. any information as to date, contants, or value is most appreciated. thanks, rhona

Us54954.jpg

Attachments

• Us54954.jpg
    Us54954.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 66

S.C. Warner

Reaction score
it happens out in Vegas, and it happens in Moline.
Here is an interesting bit of history I just found on Tipp City O.

"The name Tippecanoe was derived from William Henry Harrison's presidential campaign slogan, Tippecanoe and Tyler, too! In honor of Harrison, John Clark called his city-to-be Tippecanoe. A few years later, the citizens unofficially added City, and it was called this until 1938, when the legal name was shortened to Tipp City."

s.c.

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi , i have this bottle also, i was told it was a ink bottle. about 2 1/4" tall,base 2 5/8" across, lip 1" across. the botom is embossed LOWELL in center with an F in a hexagon, fairmount glass co. what is the conection with the word lowell on bottom's. thanks for any information. rhona

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
RE: ink or cosmetic jar/bottle? in reply to diggerjeff & sc

yea, it is kinda pretty. sc thanks for the info. on tipp city, i guess that dates this to the 1940's. guess i go try to clean some more bottles. rhona

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles