Ink, Soda Bottles??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JIHUNTER

Reaction score
Aquired these sat from an estate sale were in live in CHAS scGrabbed all teh bottles with the round bottoms they had, never seen these before. The oxidized one and one with the fatter round bottom look like they have pontil marks on the bottoms.The small one im uessing is some sort of ink bottle.None of them have markings i can find???Any info would be great.

ScottBSA

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the darker green round one, but the others are soda bottles. They are designed to lay on the side to help keep the cork wet so the gas would not escape from the soda. Mid to late 1800's on the sodas. Yes on the ink well. Nice stash up on the shelves by the way.Keep hunting. Scott

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well, I have a ink just about duplicating the one you pictured. The one I have has lettering around the stepped bottom with one ring line goes through the embossing; of a name and MADE IN THE U.S.A. In the center there are the three letters I or N 5 or the other way 'S N over 1 The messed up embossing seems to include CARTERS I hope this layout stays like this. RED M

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Back again. I have obtained four new soda's two with round bottoms and two of the tapered - torpedo type sodas. I am in the process of finding some printed information about them in my bottle books. Just a current detour study subject. I get side tracked that way often. RED Matthews

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
The really round dark green one is probably a Chianti wine bottle. Not much value unfortunately, they made them like that until quite recently. Although if it really does have a pontil mark it might be a better one.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter