INKS

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

greenpoison

Reaction score
Taz,

I've been meaning to get back to you on this one...
I actually don't have a Foxboro myself (yet). I saw the piece I posted for sale on line by someone in France (not via ebay). Before I paid, I wanted to know if I was paying the right amount. Anyway, since then I've been hit with a big bill, and that means no play money for a while...[:'(] . But since you said you don't have one yet, and if your interested (and if its not gone...sorry for the slow response, lol) let me know and I'll send you a private email with the sellers email address, he takes paypal.

-Adam

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
I am trying to find any info on this ink holder like origin or date. There is no markings at all on it. Can anyone help me out?
I Have a ink almost identical to that on eBay right now! I think you will find it is supposed to have a cut glass well instead of a ink bottle[;)] I got mine at auction from a elderly now deceased bottle collector,as with yours NO markings on mine either.. My two cents....... Taz

Nl29814.jpg

atticmint

Reaction score
Hey Taz [:)] Thanks for the info, I picked it up because it was an interesting looking piece, but was not sure what ink type should be in it.

greenpoison

Reaction score
Hi all,

I found this site and wanted to share it with other ink enthusiasts.

It no only lists the major types of inks, but also gives an image as well.

It isn't complete, (didn't see the bixby shape there) but Ive found it really helpful:

http://www.thebottledump.co.uk/inks/glassinks/glassinks.htm

~adam

sodabottle

Reaction score
Sorry it toke me so long to post a reply but i do have a picture on my parker ink well i found on e bay so i hope this can help you ,help me with any info

Yw68080.jpg

Attachments

• Yw68080.jpg
    Yw68080.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 72
  • Yw68080.jpg
    Yw68080.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 66

greenpoison

Reaction score
soadbottle,

Sorry but I personally don't have any info on that piece. Its not in the limited collection of ink reference books I have an my disposal. But I just checkout ebay this morning and found another small clear glass Parker Ink, just go to ebay and search for:
"PARKER CLEAR GLASS INK(WELL) BOTTLE".

It seem that Parker Inks may have made a number of small clear inks, look a few posts up to see a nicely embossed one posted by tazmaniendigger. I also found a 4th one just now at 1001inkbottles.com:
http://www.1001inkbottles.com/parker.asp
which unfortunaetly is not for sale, so can't be a ballpark firgure for what these babies might be worth.

Anyway, thanks for posting the pic, and joining the thread. If you ever find out more about the Parker Ink Co. and their smaller clear glass inks, let me know.

Sincerely,
-greenpoison

Reaction score
hi greenpoison,
I have a huge hard bound book that my first wife bought for me on amazon.com.
It is called the Kovels Ink Bible. It is one of the most comprehensive research books on inks in print. If you like I can look up the puplisher and printing dates for you, I believe that it came out in the seventies. mine is used and kind of beat up but it has answered every ink query I have ever had.

Dreamin of digging...

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flipper93