INKS

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

greenpoison

Reaction score
Hi Ron,

It is a really unique piece. As you've probably picked up, although I collect all 19th century glass ink types, I have a penchant for turtles, and that one it just so unique!
As the saying goes, when it comes to inks, color is king, and by king they mean big money [;)] But even though this piece is a standard aqua, its design is wonderful. It is made by Harrison's Ink Co. They made this design in 2 sizes:
1 7/8 X 1/ 5/8 and the other is 2 1/8 X 1 15/16. Both are embossed with:
"HARRISONS COLUMBIAN INK". Almost by definition turtles have only domed tops, I have never seen any other company make a panneled top to their turtles. I saw one go at an auction for $150 (although the apparisal price was 250-300). So, not prohibitivly expensive if you want one in you collectin, but the difficulty is finding one that is up for sale/bid.

~Adam

baltbottles

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Do anyof you have an idea of the current market value of a medium cobalt blue umbrella ink. Its and early hinge mold one with a rolled lip just missed being pontiled. We dug it today and I am thinking about buying my digging partners half. I'm not as up on ink prices as i should be.

Thanks
Chris

slimdigger

Reaction score
Chris, I do not know about the hinge mold ones but the pontiled cobalt umbrella inks are in the $1500 range. A safe estimate of the hinge mold bottle would be $500 plus.

baltbottles

Reaction score
Hey Bruce,

Thanks that gives me something to work from. Heres a picture of the ink and my share of todays finds. I got a pretty rare baltimore pontiled medicine driscolls balm of a thousand flowers. I've been wanting one for awile. My digging partner ended up with a nice blue iron pontiled M. McComack or however you spell it from down your way and a really nice hand painted cup.

Chris

Qo41519.jpg

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Chris approx. 500 (cleaned) according to Digger Odell's ink price guide. I would trade you a couple good flasks for that one! Taz

David E

Reaction score
Three photos cream stone ware master ink .
Sytiff & sons England for Crarter ink Cream stone

Lj24131.jpg

Attachments

• Lj24131.jpg
    Lj24131.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 58

David E

Reaction score
pic#2

Ay74742.jpg

Attachments

• Ay74742.jpg