Insulator dump

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

appliedlips

Reaction score
Yesturday,I went back to check a dump we found in the summer but didn't do much digging in.Turns out in one layer there were hundreds of insulator's.Unfortunately,most were broke but we managed a few good ones including several cd 123.4.Most were just Hemi #12's which are pretty much worthless.The criers were 3 or 4 purple #12's and yellow green AM INSr CO. cd 145.I went back again this afternoon and this is a picture of some of yesturday's shards.It started snowing hard and so didn't get anymore pics.

BTW Josh, I found listings for both the H.Brooke's and AM IMSr Co.'s in aqua and they aren't nothing special.

77FF3C6204B043D1ADA5FB6DD1AE775E.jpg

Attachments

• 77FF3C6204B043D1ADA5FB6DD1AE775E.jpg
    77FF3C6204B043D1ADA5FB6DD1AE775E.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 93

Rockhounder55

Reaction score
Why do you suppose they were all dumped there? Was that common practice by the maintenence crews to just bury them? Is it along a power line or where one was at one time?

beendiggin

Reaction score
Why do you suppose they were all dumped there? Was that common practice by the maintenence crews to just bury them? Is it along a power line or where one was at one time?

I found the same type of dump a few years ago. Had about 300 or so in it, and most were damaged, but I kept around 80 decent looking ones. Mostly AT & T, Brookfields, a couple of Lockes, a couple Whitall Tatums, and some no namers. There was an old railroad spur that had gone through that area and I suspect it was torn out for the iron in the 30's or so, also there was a small household dump on top of 'em that dated to that era. It was a fun dig but man those things get heavy fast!

Dragon0421

Reaction score
great find hopefully some of them could be saved. Common are not i have never seen that many in one spot before.

appliedlips

Reaction score
These were all used as telegraph & telephone insulators and were near a railroad.I am sure they were dumped there just because it was a good spot.

I saved all I found except the #9's & #12's.I had to quit because it was becoming to dangerous due to massive stones stacked on top of the layer. I moved several but didn't want to have the whole hillside wash away,there are houses at the top.

Brains

Reaction score
nice to see all those insulators, if those are in ohio you should consider yourself very lucky to have found even a piece of an American insulator co insulator. I think all the american insulator co's are special, they may not be rare (you can still find them in new york) but good luck finding one in ohio. Post some pictures of the things you find when your done.

appliedlips

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Bryan,

There were several broken AM INSr CO.(base embossed) in there.I did find one complete example,although it's pretty beat up.I just had a hard time googling them so I didn't know if I had something really rare,turns out no..If you would like the aqua one I found and are going to be at the Columbus show,its yours.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229