Interesting non bottle find

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TJSJHART

Reaction score
my wife and i moved to a big apartment building because my daughter moved out..i've always saved aluminum for extra cash , but moving into this complex i start collecting anything that was recyclable . last week the management had cleaned out an abandoned apt and i went through the stuff to collect anything worth saving , my wife calls me a pack rat , one of these was found in a bag that they had dumped the contents of a drawer into , i sold it to a coin dealer for $57.00 LESS then what was worth . she doesn't say anything about me scrappin any more..

C21A5EC44F5B42BCAF4F5007B92B703A.jpg

Attachments

• C21A5EC44F5B42BCAF4F5007B92B703A.jpg
    C21A5EC44F5B42BCAF4F5007B92B703A.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 78

toddrandolph

Reaction score
Isn't trash picking fun when you find something like this? Everyone makes fun of me for being a diehard curbside trash picker...until I show them some things I've found. After 20+ years, I can only think of a couple times when I have found a single item that good, though.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Great find....makes me proud to be an original "picker"...I get a lot of flack for stopping at the bottle recycling center after they close...twice now I've found discarded antique bottles....(One was a repro)[:D] Great job on the coinage..

Plumbata

Reaction score
Whoah, that find takes the well-worn expression "One man's trash is another man's treasure" to a whole new level. Congrats on the fantastic discovery.

The best I've done going through trash coinage-wise was a bag with 10 bucks in change.

baltbottles

Reaction score
Can't say I have gotten anything like that curbside but did find a nice coin collection in an abandoned house once. I couldn't believe all the crackheads going in and out of the place had never found it lol.

Chris

davenwil

Reaction score
2yrs ago I found 100 kennedy halfs 1965-1969 in a house that had been empty for 8+ yrs and gone thru by scavengers and drug users.I found them in a plastic box on a shelf down in the basement.The shelf was falling down and the room it was in was full of junk.The place burnt down 10 days later caused by vagrants trying to cook over an open fire in the living room

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barbudagirl