Interesting shards - any help identifying these?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

lori

Reaction score
I'm a beach/seaglass collector. Sadly, I've only ever found ONE intact bottle, but I have discovered these interesting shards. So far I've been unable to find out anything about these logos. Any help would be awesome.

For geological reference, these were found on the shore of the Chincoteague Bay on the Maryland/Virginia border. Given its literal connection to the Atlantic, what washes ashore is both bay debris (lots of broken beer bottle pieces and oyster shells) and nearly an equal amount of saltwater items like conch shells. The water is brackish but its salinity certainly leans to the "nearly saltwater" end of the scale which leads me to speculate that this bay has more of an Atlantic influence than fresh (bay) water. I suppose then that these pieces could have traveled from much farther than just the local area around the beach where I found them. But that could also be wishful thinking.

bmc.jpg

leaves1.jpg

In case your monitor's screen resolution doesn't show this, there are leaves on this piece. Illustrated below.

leaves2.jpg

This one has been roughed up by the sea a bit but it appears it's written in gibberish....or maybe LOTR elven script. [:)]
I'm not sure if I'm holding it right side up, but in the center left almost appears to be an anchor?

circles1.jpg

circles2.jpg

Thanks for looking. Any direction that you could point me in for further research would be most welcome.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
the top one looks like it could be a beer but none really ring any bells for me.
THat bottom one almost look like Arabic but really messy.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973