Internal threads

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

waiting for codd

Reaction score
These are my Aussie internal screws. I don’t think you get many in the states but we get lots.

photo 1 is non-pictorials the two shepherds are hard to get but the rest are quite common.

photo 2 is pictorials and are all quite common. The marchants are very affordable and tend to sell within $10-20 AUD

Attachments

• 0057833E-1EAE-4E23-9328-0218FB920950.jpeg
    0057833E-1EAE-4E23-9328-0218FB920950.jpeg
    710.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 0A4E1DAD-B487-4D64-A2F4-3ADC619AAAA8.jpeg
    0A4E1DAD-B487-4D64-A2F4-3ADC619AAAA8.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 89

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
These are my Aussie internal screws. I don’t think you get many in the states but we get lots.

photo 1 is non-pictorials the two shepherds are hard to get but the rest are quite common.

photo 2 is pictorials and are all quite common. The marchants are very affordable and tend to sell within $10-20 AUD
Few internal, not near as much as Europe and Canada.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Those are nice! They're a slightly different style than our internal thread bottles. Interesting that yours look more like Canadian sodas than the actual Canadian internal thread sodas do, since our internal thread bottles were made in the UK while the vast majority of our other types of sodas were made domestically. I assume yours must have been made in Australia. How late were they using internal thread bottles down there? I know they were in use surprisingly late in the UK. I think ours were phased out by the late 20s or so.
Also, any idea what hop beer was? Were they bottling actual beer in bottles like that in Australia or was that some type of soda?

waiting for codd

Reaction score
Those are nice! They're a slightly different style than our internal thread bottles. Interesting that yours look more like Canadian sodas than the actual Canadian internal thread sodas do, since our internal thread bottles were made in the UK while the vast majority of our other types of sodas were made domestically. I assume yours must have been made in Australia. How late were they using internal thread bottles down there? I know they were in use surprisingly late in the UK. I think ours were phased out by the late 20s or so.
Also, any idea what hop beer was? Were they bottling actual beer in bottles like that in Australia or was that some type of soda?
not Sure on the composition of hop beer but I know that it wasn’t alcoholic (or at least not as much as beer) we had internal thread bottles here right up to the 1960s. The one on the far left in the first photo is from the 1940s.

most were Aussie made usually at the Melbourne glassworks but each respestave state had several glassworks. in qld it was Queensland glass manufacturers however midson glassworks was active in brisbane before they were. I suspect the two brisbane ones were made by midson glassworks.

In the UK most internal threads were used for beer and they sometimes have lovely designs on them.

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
That's right, they have Dover, N.J. Tiffany & Allen bottles. That Golden Ale is amazing.
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen