Into the Woods

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ticoun

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: rockbot

ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

Mushrooms,...anyone know this one?

6BE74C324F624564A6D7D1483F8C3467.jpg

I believe they call that one "Purple Haze" [:D][:D]

it's a purple cort (Cortinarius violaceus)

ticoun

Reaction score

Thank you Gabriel, and welcome to the forum!

P.S. Are they edible?

the vast majority of Corts are inedible, though not dangerous. the problem with them is that they all look alike eachother, and there are some that are dangerous. the purple Cort is one of the easiest to identify, along with the silver-violet Cort (Cortinarius alboviolaceus), which is one of the rare Corts that are considered edible. but i wouldn't personnally trust any Cort, nor would i trust a member of the Amanita family.

lexdigger

Reaction score
Some good looking gravel bars in that river. Would be a good spot to canoe and search for artifacts!

kastoo

Reaction score
The only place I can think of like that would be Rt 219 and that Cattauragus creek?

kastoo

Reaction score
The only place I can think of like that would be Rt 219 and that Cattauragus creek?

Here's a pic that I overlooked, but took on the way to the bottle show earlier in the morning before our hike,....This is a gorge we cross partway from here to Buffalo,...and this is the latest new bridge over it, (as if the earlier one wasn't high enough,...)[:D] Penn Digger stopped along the edge so I could snap this pic...It's a nature pic, so I put it here...

8671B0C5049D4E69B73DC8D020936F92.jpg

mr.fred

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: lexdigger

Some good looking gravel bars in that river. Would be a good spot to canoe and search for artifacts!
Some real tough going down there Lex!----it's claimed a lot of lives!--great fishing--and canoeing ---but if the water gets up --just a little it becomes dangerous!

Penn Digger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: kastoo

Good eye, you've been to these parts before? Just south of Springville, NY on the new 219 bridge.

PD

RedGinger

Reaction score
It's hard to see just how big and far down this gorge is, from the pictures. Thanks for the idea, Chris. I'm still always keeping my eyes peeled for arrowheads. They're just as exciting to me as bottles.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem