Iron Queen?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LC

Reaction score
I would not mind having one of those if they would have used a good grade of foundry sand to pour it in Matt, darn neat piece. I wonder what they used for the mold, surely not an original bottle, although I guess it could be done without breaking it. The more I think of it, is it possible that this was poured from an antique door pull, would explain the two screw holes on the back of it, although I have never seen a Browns door pull before. Guess it could be possible. Never thought about trying to pour a bottle before !

I bought some foundry sand a few years back , it is supposed to be a high grade to give the casting a nice smooth pour. Fifteen dollars a gallon, I bought two gallons of it thinking It would be plenty for what I like to pour. When I got the two, two gallon cans they were only half full. Still have not cooled down over that deal as of yet ! Have never even tried it yet.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Something like door pulls makes sense since there is a pair.
Looks like an crude casting job not done by a professional foundry.
Maybe something someone did for thier bottle club?

LC

Reaction score
There are several different grades of foundry sand that is used for pouring . A very find sand will create a super nice finish like on the old cast iron pieces, where the course sand will create a rough casting like the Chinese or Japanese junk that has flooded the market over the past years.This one is very crude indeed. If the other has a smooth finish I would not mind having it to use to pour others, would make a nice display piece if it had a smooth finish.

KentOhio

Reaction score
Once I saw some railroad/eagle flasks, halves like that, in solid bronze. They were bookends. I think this is just something someone made by pressing a real bottle into sand.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnymanty