Is it old, or is it new?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Kurlie

Reaction score
I found a coca cola bottle in my woods and I would love to know how old it is and if it has even a tiny value.
It is a screw-top and is the wavy looking shape, kind of like the shape the plastic ones are today. It reads "no deposit" and "no refill" at the top arounf the lip and reads "coca cola" " Trademark (R) 10 FL OZ" on either the front or back, I'm not sure. On the other side it reads "Coke" "Trademark (R) 10 FL OZ". All around the outside of the bottle are rrounded ridges, like on most coke bottles I have seen and much like the plastic ones they make today.

Can anyone please help? Info and tips would are appreciated!!!
Thanks!!!!!

flasherr

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a 70's-80's bottle. No value really other than you found it and may like it. I normally throw the ones like that with painted labels away. Is the bottle painted label or is it embossed? if it is embossed it could be about a $3or less bottle. There are collectors who collect throw away bottles.
Brian

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hi Kurlie, It sounds like you have the 'Bottle Bug" - good for you![:)] As brian said in his reply, there are people out there who collect no-deposit - no return bottles. I don't have it handy right now, but I did come across a site that had a quite extensive collection of them. Any pre-deposit era ACL - Applied Color Label - soda boda will have some value to certain collectors. Do a google search, you'll be suprised what you come across. Check around your area for other collectors/diggers, you'll find most all of them will be happy to share their knowledge and experiences with you. I'm in southern Maine - Westbrook - we've been dug fairly extensively down here, but I'm still finding some great dumps. Up your way you might want to scout out some old logging or hunting camps - they're great sites for all kinds of bottles and artifacts! [;)] Oh, and welcome to the Forum!![:)]

BARQS19

Reaction score
If you ever come across any ACL throwaway bottles, most of them bring top dollar. As for emossed Throwaways, I usually break them or leave them behind for someone else.
Robert Sherrill
BARQS19

digdug

Reaction score
It is true...people are collecting the No Deposit No Return bottles. It sounds like the one mentioned above is from the 1970's. The larger embossed (16 oz and up) are harder to find and bring in a few more $$.
I don't agree with 'BARQS19' and breaking bottles you don't collect. Bottle digging is 'dangerous' enough without extra broken glass littering the area. Plus- one mans trash is another mans treasure! I find NDNR all the time and I either leave them for the next digger, or bring some home and sell in Bottle Shows, and give them to kids that come to bottle shows. We need to get the kids interested now to keep this hobby going! So-think before you break!

O.T. digger

Reaction score
I went to a dump recentley that had hundreds of these no return no deposit bottles, most were "Coke, Pepsi, Fresca, or Dr. Pepper"

digdug

Reaction score
I have had good luck selling the NDNR Bottles like, Fresca, TAB, Diet Pepsi, Dr Pepper, Mr Pibb, Mello Yello, etc. I've sold them for around $5 a piece. The 'Common' Pepsi & Coke were a little harder to sell (sold for $1), unless they were the larger 16 oz and above or the small 7 oz size. Last year at a bottle show the Boy's Club came through the show and I gave away most of the NDNR I had brought. They were excited to get some "old" bottles, old to them anyway.

digdug

Reaction score
It came out in the 1880's. The NDNR bottles were popular in the 1960's. Dr Pepper came out in the No Deposit No Return package in the 1960's and into the 1980's in the Embossed bottle. Late 80's they started using ACL. The older 60's style had the Clock with 10, 2, 4 on it. Those tend to sell better. 70's had the oval Dr Pepper logo on it. The larger 16 oz I had found sold for $8 a piece.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnymanty