Is this 1930's California Pepsi label the real deal?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Fleetbag

Reaction score
What say the Pepsi Guys...?I suspect this label is just a new reproduction glued on an old bottle. When you look thru the back at the label there is no dark glue lines on the outside edges of the main label, just looks nice and clean throughout. The glass is rough all over its got many scratches. I suspect if the glass was that beat up the label would be as well.I told them I thought it was bogus.Am I correct or should I go buy it? [attachment=20151207_124042_resized.jpg][attachment=20151207_124032_resized.jpg]

hemihampton

Reaction score
I think it's a fake but really don't know? LEON.

iggyworf

Reaction score
I collect Pepsi's, but am no expert. But it looks fake to me also. Sloppy red in the logo.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
1. Fleetbag's 2. Forum Member's - Described as Original [attachment=Pepsi Cola Paper L.el Possible Fake.jpg] [attachment=Pepsi Cola Paper L.. Original Forum.jpg]

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
P.S. Fleetbag I did a quick search and looked at about thirty pictures of Pepsi Cola paper labels that were described as original and on every one of them the contents info was tucked under the C in Cola. Yours is the only one that has the contents spread out under the words Pepsi Cola. I'm not a Pepsi expert, but this simple observation seems fishy to me.

Fleetbag

Reaction score
It is simply too white too perfect...look at the yellow colouring on that Oakland bottle. The same seller had a few tin signs...pepsi and hires approx 9 x 24 inch that he had $225 on. They also looked bogus, when I told them this bottle was bogus they claimed this seller had been around along time and had "good stuff"

Eric

Reaction score
the paper looks thick.. the labels (or what is left of the paper labels) I have are real thin...these look like a heavy paper with a sheen... mine don't look like that.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I'm finding several of these bottles from Salinas, California, like the one pictured here that looks even faker than the one in question. For some reason all of the Salinas bottles I'm seeing have the contents info spread out and look suspicious. [attachment=Pepsi Cola Salis Calif..jpg]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator