is this a common bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

daisydog

Reaction score
Hi to all, I have collected antique glass all my life, but do not know anything about dating bottles or value or if it is just junk. Basically, my husband says I have been a packrat since I was born. But I hang on to pieces I just like for some reason and now that I've found this web site, I now have the chance to learn about my glass pieces. The bottle I'm curious about is approximately 7" tall, has a "pushed in" bottom which says us federal law prohibts sale or reuse of bottle, a cork stopper, and alittle embosed area. I tried to get some decent pictures, but I've not quite mastered good pictures yet, so I hope you can make out enough to tell me some information about it. Thanks for the help.

Nl28391.gif

Attachments

• Nl28391.gif
    Nl28391.gif
    153 KB · Views: 85

olddump

Reaction score
The "FEDRAL LAW PROHIBITS RESALE OR REUSE OF THIS BOTTLE" makes the bottle after the prohibition era with not much value. But value is only what YOU think of it if you like that bottle then it's as good a bottle as any rare bitters bottle and ya never know they are'nt making any more so in the distant future it may be the one everyone is looking for so keep collecting. Tom, Olddump

daisydog

Reaction score
Where the indented bottoms common? The reason I ask, is because I haven't seen any other jars with that style. Not in the too far past, when I just started searching history and information of my glass collection, I thought for sure that was a pontil! I guess that bit of info will earn me the "newbie" title. If this is common, is there some sites I could go to view some more pictues like that. Thanks for your interest, and I hope if nothing else, I might at least in return amuse and entertain! Thanks

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hi Daisydog,
Check out the thread that is running now on "What is it before 1900." The thread title is "What is a kick up." Hope this helps, Kelley

P.S. Yes, that type of bottom is quite common among wine bottles.

daisydog

Reaction score
Many thanks, I saw the subject title about kick ups and didn't even look because I never thought it would be exactly what I had. Never to old to learn! anyways thanks again

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter