Is this guy serious?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

toddrandolph

Reaction score
Just like around here, craigs list is the home of the $400 "rare"steamer trunks and $500 singer treadle sewing machines, and the beat up oak dresser missing the mirror that they paid $500 for in an antique shop and now must "sacrifice" for just $250, LOL But, if you keep looking there are some great deals to be had on there, you just have to be fast because they don't last long.

Penn Digger

Reaction score
I used to place ads in area news papers looking for old bottles. The results didn't pay for my gas let alone the adds. Most thought clear slicks were worth a bundle. Waste of time....

PD

andy volkerts

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Penn Digger

I used to place ads in area news papers looking for old bottles.  The results didn't pay for my gas let alone the adds.  Most thought clear slicks were worth a bundle.  Waste of time....

PD 
[:mad:] I agree Antiques Roadshow and American Pickers have really screwed up finding much that is any good. Everbody seems to think that their slicks and other junk is worth a fortune. ....

ironmountain

Reaction score
I love people like that...

Had a couple listing junk wine bottles and whiskey bottles for 100 each...
I emailed them and let them know they were worth about 1$ on a good day...

she replied "that's what they sell for on Ebay.." uh huh.

Craigslist (at least up here) has become retailist. As andy said, shows like pickers, picker sisters, roadshow and storage wars (which is the worst..hate that show) killed all of the fun of looking for a great deal or giving a great deal. Everyone wants 85-90% retail now.

xxfollyxx

Reaction score
Well, original listing linked in the first post was deleted, yet the same person continues to astound me.
What makes this a $1000 jar

Wow, I was sitting on a fortune

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1