Is this worth checking out?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Worldcupkeeper

Reaction score
We were contacted by a guy you gave us permision to look around for bottles on his land. He said when he bought the house, there was an area farther back on his property that he thinks someone used as a dump site long ago, he said hes found bottles, shoes, car parts, etc... After I did some quick research I found out the city was formed in 1806. Do you all think this place is worth a trip to check it out?

Worldcupkeeper

Reaction score
ok so I guess ill be checking it out soon. How would I know where to start digging? Should I just look for surface stuff then try digging around it?

Jim

Reaction score
Check out all of the surface stuff. It may be all the same age, or it could vary. I would start at the spot with the oldest-looking surface material, dig in and see what happens. Even if it looks like all newer stuff on top, don't let that fool you. Many dumps were used for a very long time. Good luck! ~Jim

Worldcupkeeper

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the info, we asked the guy about a little history on his place. He told us he lives in a mobile home on the land now but he says there has been a house/trailer on the property for 70-80 or more. He says its more out in the woods is where everything is located, he also thinks at one point someone had a smoke house on the stop. We also asked him if hes actually seen any bottles around and he says there is definatly bottles up there. He wants us to come out soon before spring so when we are looking around we wont run into any snakes, thats actually not a problem with us as breeding snakes is my job lol. So what do you think now? I think we may check this place out sometime this week.

Worldcupkeeper

Reaction score
We are going out there tommorow morning to check it out. We were also told of a few outhouses that are around the same area that we may check out also.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vladlitski