It's an Olive Green Somthing

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Carolina_Bottle_Nut

Reaction score
Hello to all I am new to your forum but it looks like just the place I've been looking for. I have been collecting for 9 yrs. but still have so many bottles I can't identify. I'll Start with one of the first I collected. Hope yall Can help.[:)] Here is what I do Know about it. It's 8 1/2 in. high. Olive green color. Horseshoe embossed on front. Bottom marked with NB over the #1. It was dug up from Charleston,SC. along with some other bottles I know date to the late 1800's. I am attempting to add some pictures so cross your fingers. If they don't show up PLEASE let me know so I can try again. Any thing yall might know abou it would be great. Thanks.

Us54163.jpg

Attachments

• Us54163.jpg
    Us54163.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 98

Carolina_Bottle_Nut

Reaction score
Hello everyone[:)]Thanks for looking at my U.F.B.(unidentified-found-bottle)I'm adding these pictures hoping it will help someone, help me, identify it. THANKS AGAIN & YALL HAVE A GREAT DAY

Bz79103.jpg

Picture reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

Attachments

• Bz79103.jpg
    Bz79103.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 91

diginit

Reaction score
Howdy Carolina, That is a machine made Metal cap top. used between 1930 to1950. Does the seam go through the top? If it does,the bottle was made after 1903. I don't exclude these in my collection. It seems that even the newer bottles are becoming more collectable as time rolls on. Eventually everythiing will probably be made of plasticor recycled. Hope this helps. Jim

David E

Reaction score
Hi maybe someone in England can help I have only one N B 1903 to 1937 I wrote this down but been so long ago foregot what it meant. N/British (which may be your NB company) Scotland

Maybe that is correct as noticed the one I wrote down under that is UGB (with and N under that) and show since 1937 (year one above stopped using mark 1937) and this one is United Glass Scotland

Dave

drjhostetters

Reaction score
Hey C.B.N...

Whatever that Olive Green Something is...I love it...of course I am partial to all green bottles...most beautiful colored bottles they ever made...personal observation naturally..thanks for showing it..[:)]

The Doc...[X(]

Carolina_Bottle_Nut

Reaction score
thanks for all the posts....I went to the tanqueray site but I guess I looked in all the wrong places because I couldn't find it there[8D] I never thought about it but what Max said must be true because the seam does go all the way to the top....but it also has many irregularitys, such as the thickness of the bottom, its much thicker on one side than the other, also it has striations and swirl marks and quite a few bubbles. I don't know what help that might be. I wish I had a better camera...lol. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who took time to take a look and offer an opinion. Its given me some ideas and some places to start some more research[:)]

Thanks Again
Laura, C_B_N

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles