It's official! Diving for beer bottles , makes the national news! Alex Keith Halifax

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
I don't get why it made news. Many Canadian diggers will dig up still full bottles that are even older than Canada and look better than that one. No offense to him.

CreekWalker

Reaction score
I had the same thoughts on this. Possibly because Alexander Keith was mayor of Halifax, brings the beer this recognition. Our forums own divers, have had spectacular finds, that's also newsworthy!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I think it's because Alexander Keith's is a very popular brand of beer in Canada, so finding a full bottle of it is deemed interesting. Either that or someone contacted a reporter when this guy found a bottle, but no one contacted a reporter for all the other full bottles that have been found.

RCO

Reaction score
i have no idea why the CBC news here decided this was newsworthy , I'm not even sure the bottle he found was that old it looked to have machine made markings on the bottom , meaning there is no way the bottle is older than Canada which was founded in 1867 , more likely bottle is 1910-20's era or even newer . I'm sure people find all kinds of interesting items on the east coast of Canada

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR