It's that time of year again...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Digging Up Bottles

Reaction score
Time for the cool air to come in and the brush in the woods to go away. I am so excited this year! In addition to the previous dump I've been digging, I got a new spot. It was the site of an 1820s blacksmith shop and possibly a pathway during the Civil War. I'm going out there tomorrow to scout out the creek and the land. The landowner said that "old glass" has been found in the creek. I don't know how old, but I'll find out tomorrow. If it pans out as I anticipate it to, I'll go back once the corn is cut. Can't wait for bottle and relic hunting season! I'll get back at you with some more info (and perhaps pics) tomorrow.

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
Good luck to you and hope you have plenty of finds. Looking forward to seeing some pictures on here

Digging Up Bottles

Reaction score
Got out to the property after school...still lots of brush. Only had 10 good minutes of daylight to explore the creek (of what I could get to). Very promising. Some surface junk scattered everywhere. All of it being rusty metal. Didn't get any good pictures...bad lighting...sorry about that. Hopefully I can get out there this Sunday and dig a bit. I'll see what I can do and will post another update later. Thanks!

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen