Old whisky bottle find

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Eneey

Reaction score
Haven’t been on in a long time. Was back in the eastern Sierras at one of my favorite sites by an old mining site, and uncovered this. Rinsed it out and off (some bugs stayed around) anyone know its age and history possibly? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4434.jpeg
    IMG_4434.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4435.jpeg
    IMG_4435.jpeg
    746.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_4437.jpeg
    IMG_4437.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4436.jpeg
    IMG_4436.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 64

Eneey

Reaction score
Just found it online. Doesn’t look to be anything special but still a nice bottle.

hemihampton

Reaction score
let me know if you find any old rusty dented beer cans out there. I collect them. Thanks, Leon.

Eneey

Reaction score
let me know if you find any old rusty dented beer cans out there. I collect them. Thanks, Leon.
Sure will. I pass those up for glass but I’ll pay attention next trip.

Eneey

Reaction score
I’ll definitely pay more attention. Thanks for the pics.

willong

Reaction score
Haven’t been on in a long time. Was back in the eastern Sierras at one of my favorite sites by an old mining site, and uncovered this. Rinsed it out and off (some bugs stayed around) anyone know its age and history possibly? Thanks!
I like it and its unusual form and simple ringed neck/lip. It has a tooled finish (was handmade). Almost certainly made prior to 1910 (definitely before WW1*) and I'd guess closer to 1890s. I found one like it in association with a turn-of-20th century logging camp in WA.

* That hint of amethyst coloration caused by UV radiation of the glass before it got covered-over or shaded by foliage means that the glass batch contained manganese, which was restricted due to strategic needs during the war years. Glass makers had to switch to selenium in order to produce colorless glass through the duration of the war. Selenium-containing glass will not tint purple under prolonged UV exposure -- it will acquire a straw yellow hue instead.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator