i've got it all planned

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Willman669

Reaction score
I got heaps of places to dig all planned. I just have to plan when to dig. First of all I know where 4 farm dumps are, I will dig up some when I can get to them (as I am only 15 I can't travel around as much), I know where 3 town tips are, but i can only get to 2. I know where some old gold field holes are (just up the road) I know where a whole paddock of gold holes are from the 1880's is. And I know where 3 house from the 1880's burned down, not sure if anything will be in them but i will see. I almost forgot my father knows where an old house was with an underground brick water tank is. He found a heap of torpedo/hamilton bottles buried close to the tank so I'm wondering what is in the tank.
One of the tips I know is in sand. In sand tips almost every bottle found comes out almost mint or mint condition.
Can't wait to start digging

TROG

Reaction score
Hi Willman669,

Wishing you luck in finding those elusive bottles. As the weather has now cooled down it is time to get into digging.
After saying this I have not been digging at all this year but hope to get out in the next couple of weeks but at this stage have not got a place to dig so will have to spend some time looking.

Andyf

Reaction score
Hey Willman,

Sounds like you've done some good research and got some great leads going....

I agree with your comment about dumps in sand, but also I'd add where they burned wood in fires, rather than coal. Wood ash leaves bottle sparkling mint too...

Good luck with your digging...good research usually pays back..

I'm going out this afternoon to look at six new sites I've found via old maps. We have a great tool called www.old-maps.co.uk It's great for finding lost or deserted buildings.

Andyf

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday