J. C. Fields Mauch Chunk Squat Soda

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

keemakoo

Reaction score
Many people have emailed me about acquiring this bottle. Offers have been all over the place. I decided to list it on ebay for better or worse. If you are interested in owning it please bid. Thanks everyone. Jim D.
It is item # 370316960492

buzzkutt033

Reaction score
thanx for the info.

probably best. welcome to the forum.

jim

here's a T. Siegfried
soda from mauch chunk
we dug. it's wating for
it's turn in the tumbler

7BE15F2D64704EB88D1B54D00FB8D3BA.jpg

Attachments

• 7BE15F2D64704EB88D1B54D00FB8D3BA.jpg
    7BE15F2D64704EB88D1B54D00FB8D3BA.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 60

smithman29

Reaction score
Keemakoo: Your Fields, Mauch Chunk squat is up to $305 on ebay so far, with several more days to go. Its rarity is attested to as that bid is for a non-pontilled, aqua (not colored) example. That bottle was a one looker from the moment you first posted it on the forum. Although I was unfamiliar with it, I just knew it was a super good one and would've jumped on it in a minute at a flea market or bottle show. Congartulations, again, on a great find and best of luck on the auction.

keemakoo

Reaction score
Light green is always called aqua by people who are interested in buying a bottle. That is the way it as been and will probably always be. Jim

smithman29

Reaction score
Aqua is a catch-all discriptive coloration of any bottle that is not considered to be a classic "coloration" e.g. amber, cobalt blue, yellow, citron, dark green, etc. It can range from a very light blue tint to a very light green tint...as water would look depending on background and lighting. For example almost all fruit jars display varying shades of light blue to light green "aqua" color. Once the color gets darker or more brilliant, collectability is greatly enhanced. The more outstanding the shade, the more so-called "color" the bottle exhibits...and generally the more collector interest is piqued.
The point I was trying to make is that even without having a rare or outstanding color, and in the absence of the always ever-desirable pontil scar, your Mauch Chunk squat is evoking very strong ebay bidder interest.
Congratulations and best regards.

keemakoo

Reaction score
smithman29 I know what the color aqua is. I also know the difference between light green and greenish aqua. My judgement concerning the J.C. bottle is that it is light green, not the greenish aqua you are trying to sell me. It is a colored bottle. I have the bottle in my hand and I know what it is. Your lecture about what aqua is and your congratulations on my not colored less desirable non pontiled find is seen, by me, for what it is. Jim

Bottleman

Reaction score
I would call that color deep aqua or greenish aqua. It doesn’t matter though because people are going to bid on the color they see in the pictures, not the description of the color given. If you asked enough people, you would probably get 10 different answers to what color your bottle is because everyone describes colors differently.

bottlediger

Reaction score
its like calling a cornflower blue bottle cobalt [sm=rolleyes.gif]. That thing is aqua and not even deep aqua. I dont think anybody is down playing your bottle but only stating the fact that it aint no light green bottle.

Digger Ry

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Privvydigger, in these parts your jar would be called greenish aqua. This dirt filled junker is lime green.
099-3.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter