j.j. hottenstine & bro allentown pa blob

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

KBbottles

Reaction score
Nice digs Badger!!! Hope summer's been treating you well! You really have a good eye for the small stuff, coins, etc. Very impressive.

THE BADGER

Reaction score
thanks rocky,glenn,and ken.cant wait for the weekend lots of good diggin i hope,weather is finally going to be nice,low 80's and no humidity.im sure all of us eastern u.s. guys would love to dig in hawaii,if i ever get the chance someday im coming out to dig with ya rocky.yeeha BADGER

THE BADGER

Reaction score
hey ken,looks like you been having a great year so far dude,i hope your spot keeps producing for you.love checking out the different stuff your pulling out and tons of pics.im heading down to our swamp in jersey this weekend sometime with bill the older guy i dig with.he was out for awhile with knee surgery but he's back and ready to go. good luck this weekend if you're diggin. see ya badger

houseman

Reaction score
Hi Dave! Where are you digging in Lehighton? I'm in Palmerton, so if you come up this way again let me know. I remember you from the club, although I haven't made any meetings in quite a while!
Tim

THE BADGER

Reaction score
hey paul,it might seem like its deep but in that dump you hit the good stuff once you get down 8 to 10 feet but it goes deeper than that.i wont do any deep digging by myself for safety reasons.there's lots of good stuff in the deep sections but you need about 3 to 4 guys to move alot of dirt.tim,i remember you from club also.i was digging a dump behind a private residence down off of 443 near mahoning drive inn.its a friend from work and it took me 2 years to talk him into just digging the dump which is way behind his house.now im trying for the privies.he is a coin collector and i told him we always find coins in dumps i told him every coin found he could keep and we would split bottles.we dug a section of the dump not even really big spot,and i never saw so much awesome glass in one spot but lots of it was broken.tons of lehighton,tamaqua,shenandoah,mauch chunk and plenty other cities but tons were broken.he found 2 coins first was a chinese coin 2nd was an 1857 flying eagle cent in great condition and he was happy as all hell.also he found a womans broach with real nice red stone,a nice worlds fair whiskey sign.and i ended up with some nice bottles.i plan on going up again soon. BADGER

rockbot

Reaction score
Too funny BADGER, I think you got a better dump out your way![;)]

I'd gladly take you around if you make it out to the islands.
Aloha, Rocky

KBbottles

Reaction score
Dave,

If you ever need help with the deep digging in your area, I'd be happy to make a trip to help some day if my schedule permits and wouldn't expect to split finds either...maybe bring a couple home if the haul is plentiful but obviously it's your site so your call. Also, PM me when you're goin to the swamp. I've been thinking about going back to switch things up a bit and look for more local milks, and the desirable amber beckney etc. One of my relatives is having a big garage/estate sale coming up in the fall that I'm going to haul a ton of common bottles to also so I may stock up on some milk of mags, etc...

THE BADGER

Reaction score
hey rocky if you ever have a visit to pa.i'll get you diggin in some old stuff for sure.kb im definitely going this weekend just dont know what day yet,i'll let you know.as for coming up here to dig ,we usually dig and put everything in one big pile and then flip for picks at the end.i dont care much about hiding sites,theres plenty out there and im just happy if everyone goes home happy. BADGER

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazewudb3nice!