Jamesport, L. I. blob bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nostalgia

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have 3 questions regarding this bottle; keep in mind there are a couple of lip chips...

1. What does L. I. stand for?

2. Is this bottle rare?

3. Value?

liblob.jpg

liblob1.jpg

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I'm an aspiring local blob top collector myself... Let's see what I know about 'em.

L.I. would definitely stand for Long Island, as a quick search of "Jamesport" reveals.

Only a local collector would know the rarity of a bottle like this. Rarity=value, so there's the clinker. The condition is rather poor, so that detracts from the value. I would expect a common blob top in this condition to sell for $2 at a show. I can't find any listings in this site's directory, so that might make it rarer. Ten dollars might be a fair price to a local collector, I would bet.

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I wish I could help you more, but the problem is, only a collector from that area would know the rarity of that bottle. I have the same problem with local blobs/hutches in my area. I don't know if I'm looking to buy a rare or common local bottle, and neither does the seller, so no one knows a fair price. The safest thing to do is to assume it is common and then make an offer based on the condition.

I found a bottle at a show that the seller wanted $60 for. I had no idea then that the bottle is probably worth that much, so I (unfortunately) passed up the chance to buy it. Now I wish I hadn't. Oh well, live and learn. I've realized now that most local bottles don't come up for sale very often, so you either have to dig them locally, or buy them at any cost when they do appear. I hope to do a bit of both for my collection...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology