Jan. 31st privy finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

keemakoo

Reaction score
I dug two privies on Sunday the 31st. The first was a brick lined rectangle. It was very small and only about 4 feet deep. It was cleaned out forever. No whole bottles were recovered. I did find one relic on the bottom floor along the side wall. A Civil War period bowie or side knife with the bone slab handles still present. I cleaned it as best a wire brush and small hammer cleans. The second privy was a beast. Probing for it was brutal. The ground was frozen pretty thick so I used the breaker bar first. The pit was in an unusual spot so it took much longer to find then usual. It was about 5 feet wide and bottomed out about 5 feet deep. It was at least 12 feet long though. It was also religiously cleaned out. The six inch layer at the bottom had broken milks and machine made fruit jars. Ughh it was painful. I dug it anyway as I am semi retarded. I took 1 bottle home from the pit. A machine made bromo. haha. Near the pits finish I saw a real big round rustball. I bashed the heck out of it on the shovel. It was an early cannon ball. I cleaned it with the same sophisticated tools as the bowie. Here is a picture of the two relics and the super rare and desirable bromo. Being a relic hunter it was pretty funny digging a bowie & cannonball by eye while digging for bottles. Have a good week, jim d

C72C73B5B39C4BB98C9FC426811A68DF.jpg

Attachments

• C72C73B5B39C4BB98C9FC426811A68DF.jpg
    C72C73B5B39C4BB98C9FC426811A68DF.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 51

Brian M

Reaction score
Nice finds, the knife and cannon ball are pretty cool. I really enjoy finding relics. I wonder how a cannon ball found its way in that privy.

ncbred

Reaction score
Nice finds! What do the buttons look like?

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75