jenny lind

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

coreya

Reaction score
Found a Jenny Lind bottle that has me stumped as its not my area of collecting, Its pontiled (cut my finger) has fislerville glass works and building on one side and Jenny Lind with bust and 6 leaves on stems on each side below the bust. The neck is not straight and the mouth appeares to have been squezzed while hot as its pinched in a little. The mold lines disappear just above the neck base and look more like raised areas on the glass than regular mold lines. The glass has some seed bubbles but not alot and the glass has that streatched look. I've searched the site and wasn't able to find out about this one, figure its a repo but no wheaton or clevenger marks etc so any info is appreciated. If more pics are needed just let me know.

100_2543.jpg

100_2531.jpg

100_2546.jpg

100_2541.jpg

100_2547.jpg

100_2535.jpg

heritageglass

Reaction score
This is a Clevenger. This one was made before the "CB" intitials were added to the base.
Tom Haunton's new book on the Clevenger Brothers gives full and complete descriptions and photos of all the items
they made, including several different varieties of Jenny Lind flask. It is a great resource for historians and collectors.
Tom will be doing a presentation and a book signing during an open house at the Heritage Glass Museum on November 12th.
Complete info will soon be posted on our website
www.heritageglassmuseum.com

coreya

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, any idea of date range or value? I'm hoping one of my kids gets me the Haunton book for christmas as I just can't swing it right now (medical insurance thru my retirement just went up to over 50% of my retirement). Thanks again

heritageglass

Reaction score
My guess is 1950-60's. Value is $20-$30.Yours is somewhat more desirable because it is pontiled & the color resembles the original. The most valuable Clevenger Jenny Linds are early ones with applied tops($40-$50) and in amberina/ruby($80-$130)

coreya

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch for the info, I guess I didn't do to bad for 4 bucks!! It will find a place in my collection.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie