Jones Dairy - Midland Ontario acl milk bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
i noticed this bottle on ebay the other day , have seen these acl ww2 jugs before but never heard of them being worth this much money , only 2 bidders but current price is $770 us or around $1000 canadian . which seems like alot for 1 jug

don't know alot about this dairy , it is listed in the dairy books as having operated in Midland Ontario 50's - 60's doesn't mention much about the 40's though when this jug actually used .

perhaps a battle between a local collector from that area and someone who specifically collects these ww2 era milk jugs might explain the price , interesting to see what it actually sells for when it closes today

jonesdairymidland.jpg
jonesdairymidland1.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Wow that's a lot, even for a WWII Ontario milk. I'm always amazed at the prices Ontario's ACL milks go for, especially compared to the relatively low interest in embossed milks. I guess we must have a bunch of very dedicated collectors specializing in them.

RCO

Reaction score
Wow that's a lot, even for a WWII Ontario milk. I'm always amazed at the prices Ontario's ACL milks go for, especially compared to the relatively low interest in embossed milks. I guess we must have a bunch of very dedicated collectors specializing in them.
alot for a milk jug , not necessary alot when compared to what people pay for other collectables like antique guns , old signs , cars

but for a milk jug from a small city in central ontario seems like alot , owner also set the big really high , says first bid was around $600 us , he seems to have known it was worth alot or something but still

wonder if someone has a personal connection ( to midland or jones dairy ) and really wants one or if someone is specifically collecting this style of jug and paying big

at toronto bottle show was a display of these milk jugs , not sure who the guy was who set it up but he did have a number of them , can't recall if he had this one or not as he might of had a dozen of them set up

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
alot for a milk jug , not necessary alot when compared to what people pay for other collectables like antique guns , old signs , cars

but for a milk jug from a small city in central ontario seems like alot , owner also set the big really high , says first bid was around $600 us , he seems to have known it was worth alot or something but still

wonder if someone has a personal connection ( to midland or jones dairy ) and really wants one or if someone is specifically collecting this style of jug and paying big

at toronto bottle show was a display of these milk jugs , not sure who the guy was who set it up but he did have a number of them , can't recall if he had this one or not as he might of had a dozen of them set up
The fact that it's a WWII ACL milk from Ontario will make it pretty valuable regardless. I doubt anyone bidding has a personal connection, it's probably just a very rare one that a few completionists really want for their collection. Canadian WWII milks are so expensive that anyone specializing in them will likely have a fair bit of disposable income, it's not the sort of thing that someone just casually starts collecting these days unless they don't mind dropping a few hundred dollars on a bottle every now and then.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter