July Antique Medicine Contest- win a pontilled medicine

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

athometoo

Reaction score
RE: July Antique Medicine Contest- Voting is Open

congrats charlie , hope its a good one . got a package in the mail today with n.j address , wonder who?[;)] one good turn deserves another . thanks buddy gonna put it in a place of honor . sam

GuntherHess

Reaction score

Thanks to all those who posted entries. I think Charlie won based on the creepy visual of that ad but the medicine name was fairly odd too. Wilkie came in a very respectable 2nd with the Bayer Heroin. I actually thought quite a few of the medicines posted were weird.
It seemed that folks focused on the ads more than the actual medicines (probably what the ad makers intended and I didnt really consider).
If people have recommendations for the august contest you can either post your comments or PM me privately.

glass man

Reaction score

THANK YOU MATT FOR A FUN CONTEST! WAY TO GO CHARLIE AND TIM!!!!! JUST TO THROW ONE OUT WHAT ABOUT THE MOST INTERESTING ,STRANGE,LONGEST? WELL SOMEN! EMBOSSING ON A 100 + YEAR OLD PATENT MEDICINE? AND THIS TIME THE ACTUAL BOTTLE HAS TO BE POSTED AND NO ADS. [MAYBE THE BOTTLE CAN COME FROM A WEBSITE AND NOT BELONG TO YOU] THAT WAY WE GET TO SEE BOTTLES! JAMIE

RedGinger

Reaction score

I think it would be nice to be able to use ads again for the next contest. Some don't have the bottles or can't find a picture of the bottles being advertised. I'm looking forward to the next one!

RedGinger

Reaction score

My computer seems to be working now (fingers crossed). That sounds like a good idea, Lobey. That would be a fun project. Matt seems to be a fair judge. It would have to be someone fair, of course, couldn't be someone like me with obvious leanings.

glass man

Reaction score

LOBES LOVE THE NOT BEING JUDGED ON SPELLING ETC. AND THINK WHAT YOU SUGGEST IS A GREAT IDEAR! IT WOULD GET PEOPLE TO STUDYING AND LEARNING BOUT PAT. MEDS. SOME OF US THOUGH ,WHO COLLECT PAT. MEDS. OR HAVE AND ALREADY KNOW A GOOD DEAL ABOUT THIS TOPIC WOULD HAVE AN ADVANTAGE OVER,INK,SODA,MILK,ETC. COLLECTORS OR THOSE THAT KNOW LITTLE BOUT THE SUBJECT. LIKE I SAID THOUGH LOVE THE IDEA AND WHO KNOWS WHAT GREAT FACTS MAY BE BROUGHT TO LIGHT! THE MOST OUTLANDISH CLAIMS WOULD BE HARD AS MOST ALL CURED BOUT EVERYTHING! JUST TO THROW OUT ANOTHER IDEA OR CAN BE INCOPERATED INTO YOUR IDEA SOMEWAY:MAYBE THE MOST STRANGE,WEIRD ,OR INTERESTING EMBOSSING ON A PAT. MED. THE ENTRANTS HAVE TO SHOW AN ACTUAL BOTTLE WITH THE EMBOSSING. ALONG WITH THE HISTORY OF THE PAT. MED.BOTTLE ,WHAT IT CONTAINED,WHO PUT IT OUT ETC. MAYBE NOT IN ONE'S OWN COLLECTION ,BUT A PICTURE GOTTEN FROM SOMEWHERE. WHAT EVER MATT COMES UP WITH HOPE BOTTLE PICS. WOULD BE INVOLVED. OH YEAH! THANK YOU MATT FOR THE CONTEST AND WAY TO GO CHARLIE,TIM, AND ALL! JAMIE

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey