Just dug this sweet light green Non-Embossed Dr. Kilmers

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Fresh dug and washed!

Is this coloring from the sun? Or is it a "true" green bottle? I would have a better pic, but the batt. went dead after this one here. I dug the aqua embossed Kilmers to the left of the green one 2 years ago.

I also dug a brown "Wellcome Chem. Works" about 4-1/2 " tall. and a tall 1/2" round clear bottle, both BIM.

((([;)]Tell you a secret! I found TWO nice OLD dumps today, and I dug these with no digger or gloves. They were in the leaf litter on top. Going back real soon with heavy artillery.[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D])))

Ro42039.jpg

Attachments

• Ro42039.jpg
    Ro42039.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 87

woody

Reaction score
It looks green to me, Oldtimer.
I've dug the unembossed kidney bottles before, but not in a green color.
Good luck on your dig!!!

deepwoods

Reaction score
Hey O.T - Nice find! Looks green to me too. Good luck on those dumps - keep us posted. My "good hole"got flooded in the down pour last week - trying to psyche myself up to do a little bailing. I predict you find something nice.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Well darn it!

I went back to where I dug the green kilmers, taking a digging buddy along, and I found exactly NOTHING! My bud Dave did find a nice 9-10" tall x 5-6" round "crock" that might have once held brown sugar, or some such. No embossing that I could see on it. I did find old broken stuff. Oh well, the green Kilmers is fine with me!

I have done this several times in the past; I walk right to the only old bottle there in a dump, and afterwards, I find nothing.[:mad:]

I have not dug the second old dump. This one is up on the side of a mountain, on a dead end road, at what was at one time in the late 30's/early 40's a ski area! The house is at least 150 years old. There's a wagon-wheel hub grown into a maple tree about 5" there in the dump. I am hopeful. Also, as I often find, it is located at the edge of the brook. Silly how the oldtime peoples dumped trash into the waterways.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973