Just wondering.....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
I hope to make it out digging tomorrow before work. I will post if I find anything good.
Also I was just wondering does anyone find dumps by walking small creeks? I bought some hip waders at a rummage sale for 5.00 and I was thinking about walking a creek that runs through some woods to see if I could spot any glass. Do you think there is a chance I could find a dump?

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Bryan, if there was a residence, homestead, factory, or business of any kind, nearby the creek, you have a great chance of finding some nice bottles. If it's live water with no previous dwellings, you might not find any bottles but look for flint. You may find some nice artifacts of another kind. Kelley

diginit

Reaction score
Hi DB, Gunsmoke has got some good advice there. Do some research on local history if you can. Maps etc. look for glass and follow the trail up the banks. I've found the older stuff is usually nearer the top or under the newer. Good hunting.
Ohio huh, What kind of critters ya got to watch for back there?

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Hey Kelley, there were definitely some farms along the creek. Indians were in the area too. My grandfather said he used to play in the creek when he was a kind and there used to be a cave along the creek somewhere. ( I couldn't find it) He also mentioned his friend found a translucent spear head in the creek. Thanks for the info I'm gonna to see what I can find.

Where do you live in Texas? I have an uncle in San Antonio that I go and visit every once in a while.

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Hey Diginit,
Thanks for the advice I've been to the local library and haven't had any luck finding any maps or anything. Although I did find a map that listed all the houses that belonged to the rich folks back in the 1850's. It told where each house was and a little bit about the people that lived there, a couple of them were even doctors. I made some copies of it just in case I ever decide to do some privy digging. I have a hard time talking to people I don't know. [&o]

As for critters the things that make me jump are the snakes. I hate them. [:mad:] I was winter digging last year and I dug up a whiskey and I picked it up to see what it said and I saw something in the bottle. I was like what the h*ll? Then it started moving and I realized it was a snake, I threw that thing and screamed like a little school girl.

On great occasion we also have wild dogs too. I can't think of anything that would be a great threat though. Anything that is life threatening in Cali?

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Bryan, I am WAY up north of San Antonio. About 8 hours north. Texas is a BIG state! Next time you go see your uncle, do some research. San Antone has been around a long time and should have some great bottle site potential. Happy diggin, Kelley

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie