Keene masonic Flask

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

whiskeyman

Reaction score
HI...1st time posting. Just registered actually although I had heard about this site for some time...just slow getting here.
I have a KCCNC masonic flask...Listed it on Ebay over a year ago and got slammed real good over it. Buyer said he used a jeweler's loupe and a laser microscope and determined a thin area on the lip edge had been polsihed recently. Not by me nor anyone I know....It is true it had a tiny flat area, but I figured it was due to normal manufacturing. I bought it from a reputable seller at a show some years before.Anyway...we went round & round...He filed complaints with Ebay & PayPal....the guy tore me all to pieces...accused me of being a thief and he caught me,etc,etc...I finally refunded his money except for return S&H...He then filed a fraud report with Ebay against me...I refunded his S&H...then he threatened further action if I left him a Neg FB...so neither of us left a FB.
I would relist the flask but I know he would email any bidders and ruin the sale, so it sits here...Hope this post isn't inappropriate, but felt like venting to some fellow collectors. I showed the flask to several knowledgeable collectors and they either said it was "good" or they couldn't tell....One stated the buyer just paid too much and wanted out...Gave me a lotta grief, that's for sure.

bearswede

Reaction score
Hi Charlie...

Welcome to the forum!!

How much were you asking for the flask? Got a close-up photo of the alleged repair?

Ron

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hey Whiskey - Welcome to Antique-Bottles.Net
It's about time you strolled over here![:)] I hope you drop by here often or when you can. We could always use your help here.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
MEECH & RON...thanks for the welcome. I kinda accidently fell in here last night while researching a question on the B&S Ebay board...[:)]
Good thing,eh? [;)] I'll try to help out when & where I can...be glad to assist.
RON..yes, I have pics stored in photobucket....can email them to you if I had yer addy or can post them here. This particular KCCNC pint is the variant reported by Charles Gardner as GIV-20a...with what may be an embossing of a cane to the left of the eagle...(two dots with a rib). I had longed to own one ever since the Gardner collection was sold off...finally bought one and after possessing it a a few years, I decided to pass it on to another appreciative flask collector., as my flask collection has severely dwindled over the years...too many shows and too much Ebay. Also became more focused on regional bottles, but even that is behind me now. Kinda looking for another focal point - you all know what I mean.[8|]

whiskeyman

Reaction score
well, that didn't work....better snoop around and see what I did wrong...[:mad:]

Tried to post pics and then links above....need a l'il more eddicatin' about this site...BBL.

bearswede

Reaction score
Charlie...

You can click on "Forums" at the top right of this page, just under the "Antique-Bottles.Net" banner for help posting pictures... You can also click on the "little person" icon, top left over the forum members' user name...That brings you to their profile page where you can email the member...

Ron

whiskeyman

Reaction score
I think I figgered it out...here's the only pic stored in my PC currently...will transfer the others from my image host ( if this works)...and post here also.

Sq48336.jpg

Attachments

• Sq48336.jpg
    Sq48336.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 100

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member